Driver of Sofia 'Killer' Taxi Cab Pleads Guilty
Taxi driver who caused a horrific crash in Sofia in July, has pleaded guilty and now faces no more than ten years in jail.
Mihail Kurtev, who caused the horrific crash on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd in Sofia in July has been released on bail of BGN 1000, because he has already has spent the maximum allowed time in detention, informs BNR on Wednesday.
The serious traffic accident occurred at the bus stop in front of the "The Mall" shopping center on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd on 10 July.
The taxi drived by Kurtev suffered a flat tire, spun out of control, and rammed into a bus stop full of people.
A six-year-old girl and a woman aged 25 died in hospital after the crash.
In addition to the two fatalities, nine more were injured.
The driver had been speeding, according to traffic police.
- » Sofia Court Reduces Prison Sentence of Alleged Drug Gang Leader Zlatomir Ivanov
- » Bulgaria Busts Int'l Antiquities Trafficking Ring
- » TIR Truck Driver Sentenced to Life Imprisonment in Iran Returned to Bulgaria
- » Sofia Court Freezes Property of Majority Owner of Bulgaria's Corpbank
- » Bulgaria's Police Busts Fake Passports Ring
- » Tax Agency Employee Murdered in Bulgaria's Capital