Driver of Sofia 'Killer' Taxi Cab Pleads Guilty
Taxi driver who caused a horrific crash in Sofia in July, has pleaded guilty and now faces no more than ten years in jail.
Mihail Kurtev, who caused the horrific crash on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd in Sofia in July has been released on bail of BGN 1000, because he has already has spent the maximum allowed time in detention, informs BNR on Wednesday.
The serious traffic accident occurred at the bus stop in front of the "The Mall" shopping center on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd on 10 July.
The taxi drived by Kurtev suffered a flat tire, spun out of control, and rammed into a bus stop full of people.
A six-year-old girl and a woman aged 25 died in hospital after the crash.
In addition to the two fatalities, nine more were injured.
The driver had been speeding, according to traffic police.
- » 23 Customs Officers Detained at Kulata Checkpoint in an Anticorruption Operation
- » Bulgarian Student Found Dead in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Police Bust Super Modern Greenhouse for Growing Marijuana
- » Bulgarian Man Grievously Injured After He Was Hit by Car in Birkirkara
- » 4 Syrians Face Terrorism Charges in Germany
- » Arrests in Sofia Over Sale of Driver's Licenses