Driver of Sofia 'Killer' Taxi Cab Pleads Guilty
Taxi driver who caused a horrific crash in Sofia in July, has pleaded guilty and now faces no more than ten years in jail.
Mihail Kurtev, who caused the horrific crash on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd in Sofia in July has been released on bail of BGN 1000, because he has already has spent the maximum allowed time in detention, informs BNR on Wednesday.
The serious traffic accident occurred at the bus stop in front of the "The Mall" shopping center on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd on 10 July.
The taxi drived by Kurtev suffered a flat tire, spun out of control, and rammed into a bus stop full of people.
A six-year-old girl and a woman aged 25 died in hospital after the crash.
In addition to the two fatalities, nine more were injured.
The driver had been speeding, according to traffic police.
- » Chief Secretary of Interior: 2 Tonnes of Drugs Seized since January
- » CEPACA Distrains Property of Nesebar Mayor and Chief Architect
- » Trial Against Bulgaria's ex-IntMin Adjourned Again
- » Int'l Police Operation Busts Bulgarian Credit Card Fraud Ring
- » Bulgarians Busted for Heroin Traffic in Greece
- » IntMin Secretary Warns of Abuse in Sofia Municipality