Driver of Sofia 'Killer' Taxi Cab Pleads Guilty
Taxi driver who caused a horrific crash in Sofia in July, has pleaded guilty and now faces no more than ten years in jail.
Mihail Kurtev, who caused the horrific crash on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd in Sofia in July has been released on bail of BGN 1000, because he has already has spent the maximum allowed time in detention, informs BNR on Wednesday.
The serious traffic accident occurred at the bus stop in front of the "The Mall" shopping center on Tsarigradsko Shose Blvd on 10 July.
The taxi drived by Kurtev suffered a flat tire, spun out of control, and rammed into a bus stop full of people.
A six-year-old girl and a woman aged 25 died in hospital after the crash.
In addition to the two fatalities, nine more were injured.
The driver had been speeding, according to traffic police.
- » Ex Bulgarian Public Official Gets 2 Years in Jail for Leaking Wiretapping Data
- » Bulgarian Court Increases Prison Sentence of Pazardzhik Imam over Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking
- » Over 500 Bulgarians Become Trafficking Victims A Year