Protesters Clash with Police in Spain
Protesters in the Spanish capital Madrid clashed with police on Wednesday night.
Rallies also took place in the northern city of Burgos, where residents were angered over a planned EUR 8 M building project, reports Euronews.
Activists in Burgos accused local police there of over reacting by detaining 46 demonstrators over the last four nights, five of whom are still in prison.
In Madrid, demonstrators tried to reach the headquarters of the ruling People's Party, but were prevented by barriers and police. Eleven people were arrested, and several protesters and policemen were injured.
Overall, Spaniards are disaffected by the ongoing financial crisis and high unemployment in the country.
Meanwhile, the mayor of Burgos has announced a temporary halt of the multimillion construction project.
- » Iran Satellite TV Head Shot Dead in Istanbul
- » Macedonia Opposition Plans to Form Govt After Violence
- » UK PM May Braces for Difficult Brexit Talks After EU Adopts Tough Stance
- » EU Says United Ireland Would Be Automatic Full Member
- » EU Leaders Negotiating Common Position On Brexit
- » Turkish Authorities Block Access to Wikipedia