Bulgarian Sumo Wrestlers Grab Wins in Tokyo Tourney
Both professional Bulgarian sumo wrestlers in Japan's elite division won their matches from the 4th day of the January tournament in Tokyo.
Kaloyan Mahlyanov – Kotooshu beat Aminishiki with an "oshitaoshi" technique, to earn his 3rd win of the tournament. Kotooshu, who was demoted to the rank of Sekiwake in November, must score at least 10 wins in Tokyo in order to have any hopes of regaining his Ozeki rank.
The other Bulgarian, Daniel Ivanov – Aoiyama beat Shohozan to equal his record at 2-2. Aoiyama will face a tough opponent, Ozeki Kisenosato in Thursday's lineup.
Kotooshu, the tallest wrestler in the top division (202cm), will meet the shortest (168cm) Toyonoshima. Surprisingly, Toyonoshima has a positive balance in their overall matches (16-15)
The Grand Champion Hakuho remains undefeated after 4 rounds.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov To Play at Sofia ATP Tour Event
- » Coach of Bulgaria's Levski PFC Quits Team
- » Juan Martin del Potro Defeats Bulgaria's Dimitrov in Stockholm
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Stockholm Semi-Finals
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Stockholm Quarter Finals
- » Ludogorets Suffers Heavy Defeat from Arsenal in London