Bulgarian Sumo Wrestlers Grab Wins in Tokyo Tourney
Both professional Bulgarian sumo wrestlers in Japan's elite division won their matches from the 4th day of the January tournament in Tokyo.
Kaloyan Mahlyanov – Kotooshu beat Aminishiki with an "oshitaoshi" technique, to earn his 3rd win of the tournament. Kotooshu, who was demoted to the rank of Sekiwake in November, must score at least 10 wins in Tokyo in order to have any hopes of regaining his Ozeki rank.
The other Bulgarian, Daniel Ivanov – Aoiyama beat Shohozan to equal his record at 2-2. Aoiyama will face a tough opponent, Ozeki Kisenosato in Thursday's lineup.
Kotooshu, the tallest wrestler in the top division (202cm), will meet the shortest (168cm) Toyonoshima. Surprisingly, Toyonoshima has a positive balance in their overall matches (16-15)
The Grand Champion Hakuho remains undefeated after 4 rounds.
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Will Have to Pass the Qualifiers of the US Open
- » Levski Signs Former Manchester United Player
- » Levski Sofia is Out and Botev Plovdiv Crushed its Opponent Last Night in Europa League
- » Ludogorets did not Disappoint and Goes to the Next Round
- » Ludogorets Faces Jalgiris Tonight After a Loss in the First Leg in a Battle for the Champions League
- » Football Legend Francesco Totti Confirms Retirement