Bulgarian Police with 8% Salary Rise
Civil servants from the Bulgarian Ministry of the Interior will have an 8% increase in salary from the beginning of this calendar year.
Deputy Minister of the Interior, Vasil Marinov, announced the decision in an interview for "Pressa" (Press) daily and overruled the initial suggestion of 5% increase.
In Sept 2013, the Minister of the Interior, Tsvetlin Yovchev, promised a salary increase of 5%, but because of residual budget reserves the amount was increased to 8%. The proposal will be voted on by the cabinet at the beginning of Feb 2014, but will start operating from Jan 1, 2014.
The increase will have its effect at the end of February. As of next month policemen, investigators and inspectors will receive payments with BGN 50 to BGN 70 more. Along with them, the salaries of the Ministry's administrative staff will also be increased.
- » World Bank Approves 2017-2022 Partnership Framework for Bulgaria
- » Assets Managed by Investment Funds in Bulgaria Grow 2.6% Y/Y in March
- » FDI in Bulgaria Drops 37% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » Bulgaria to Grant 35-Year Concession on Sofia Airport
- » Bulgarian Household Income Rises 4.2% Y/Yin Q1, Expenditure up 0.9%
- » Bulgaria’s Govt to Discuss Granting Concession on Sofia Airport