UN Makes Record Humanitarian Appeal for Syria
A major donor conference began in Kuwait as part of a UN appeal to raise donations for Syria, Wednesday.
The UN announced that a record USD 6.5 B must be collected to tackle the crisis in the Middle Eastern country where civil war continues, BBC reported.
Charity organizations have pledged USD 400 M to help alleviate the humanitarian plight of Syrians, at a meeting of charitable non-governmental organizations in Kuwait on Tuesday.
The conference takes place amid news of refugees dying of starvation in camps completely blocked because of ongoing fighting.
- » Putin: Turkish Leadership Purposefully Pursues Islamisation of Country
- » Second Pilot of Downed Russian Warplane Is Safe
- » Russian PM Blames Turkey for Worsening Russia-NATO Relations
- » At Least 12 People Killed as Explosion Targets Presidential Guard Bus in Tunis
- » Hungary Detained Six Heading to Capital with Explosives
- » Hostage Siege in Northern France Ends With One Gunman Reportedly Killed