UN Makes Record Humanitarian Appeal for Syria
A major donor conference began in Kuwait as part of a UN appeal to raise donations for Syria, Wednesday.
The UN announced that a record USD 6.5 B must be collected to tackle the crisis in the Middle Eastern country where civil war continues, BBC reported.
Charity organizations have pledged USD 400 M to help alleviate the humanitarian plight of Syrians, at a meeting of charitable non-governmental organizations in Kuwait on Tuesday.
The conference takes place amid news of refugees dying of starvation in camps completely blocked because of ongoing fighting.
- » Istanbul Nightclub Attack: Turkish Police Arrest Suspect
- » Turkey’s Deputy PM: Intelligence Organisation Partook in Istanbul Attack
- » Romania’s Ex President Charged With Crimes Against Humanity
- » 3 People Wounded in Explosion in Turkey's Diyarbakır
- » 80% of Syrian Refugees To Remain in Turkey
- » Belgrade Could Turn Into "New Calais"