UN Makes Record Humanitarian Appeal for Syria
A major donor conference began in Kuwait as part of a UN appeal to raise donations for Syria, Wednesday.
The UN announced that a record USD 6.5 B must be collected to tackle the crisis in the Middle Eastern country where civil war continues, BBC reported.
Charity organizations have pledged USD 400 M to help alleviate the humanitarian plight of Syrians, at a meeting of charitable non-governmental organizations in Kuwait on Tuesday.
The conference takes place amid news of refugees dying of starvation in camps completely blocked because of ongoing fighting.
- » Kazakhstan Bans Petrol, Diesel Imports from Russia for 45 Days
- » Ukraine Secures Russian Gas Supplies for Another Five Days, Gazprom Says
- » Turkey's Diyarbakir Base on High Alert amid Mosul Retake Pledge
- » US Ambassador to South Korea Slashed by Attacker
- » EU States Agree to Put Off End to Mobile Roaming Charges Until 2018
- » Juncker, Merkel Play Down Talk of Third Greek Bailout