UN Makes Record Humanitarian Appeal for Syria
A major donor conference began in Kuwait as part of a UN appeal to raise donations for Syria, Wednesday.
The UN announced that a record USD 6.5 B must be collected to tackle the crisis in the Middle Eastern country where civil war continues, BBC reported.
Charity organizations have pledged USD 400 M to help alleviate the humanitarian plight of Syrians, at a meeting of charitable non-governmental organizations in Kuwait on Tuesday.
The conference takes place amid news of refugees dying of starvation in camps completely blocked because of ongoing fighting.
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad