UN Makes Record Humanitarian Appeal for Syria
A major donor conference began in Kuwait as part of a UN appeal to raise donations for Syria, Wednesday.
The UN announced that a record USD 6.5 B must be collected to tackle the crisis in the Middle Eastern country where civil war continues, BBC reported.
Charity organizations have pledged USD 400 M to help alleviate the humanitarian plight of Syrians, at a meeting of charitable non-governmental organizations in Kuwait on Tuesday.
The conference takes place amid news of refugees dying of starvation in camps completely blocked because of ongoing fighting.
- » Islamic State Fighters Reportedly Travelling in EU on Bulgarian Passports
- » Defiant Tsipras Urges Greeks to Vote ‘No’ in Bailout Referendum
- » Gazprom Confirms Halting Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- » CoE: Holding of Greek Referendum Would Not Satisfy International Standards
- » Fitch Downgrades Greece to ‘CC’
- » 137 000 Migrants Crossed Mediterranean Sea into Europe in First Half of 2015