UN Makes Record Humanitarian Appeal for Syria
A major donor conference began in Kuwait as part of a UN appeal to raise donations for Syria, Wednesday.
The UN announced that a record USD 6.5 B must be collected to tackle the crisis in the Middle Eastern country where civil war continues, BBC reported.
Charity organizations have pledged USD 400 M to help alleviate the humanitarian plight of Syrians, at a meeting of charitable non-governmental organizations in Kuwait on Tuesday.
The conference takes place amid news of refugees dying of starvation in camps completely blocked because of ongoing fighting.
- » Greece Said to Be Seeking Gas Price Cut, Lifting of Food Ban from Russia
- » British Parliament Dissolved as Election Campaign Begins
- » Romanian President Appoints New Finance Minister
- » Iran Nuclear Program Talks in Switzerland Intensify
- » Former Israeli PM Convicted in Corruption Retrial
- » Investigation Isolates DNA from 78 Victims of Germanwings Plane Crash