Huge Police Presence in Sofia as MPs Return to Work
Bulgarian Parliament is guarded Wednesday by huge riot police force as the lawmakers return to work after a month-long winter holiday vacation.
The building in downtown Sofia is surrounded by heavy metal fences, while citizens gather for a protest rally against the Socialist-endorsed government of Prime Minister, Plamen Oresharski.
There is a huge number of riot police, armored vehicles, and ambulances.
Because policemen outnumber the demonstrators by far, people are joking that Bulgarian police are rallying in protest once again.
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov: We Need Humbleness and Unity More Than Ever
- » Bulgarian President: We Are Concerned about Russia over Nemtsov's Death
- » Bulgaria PM Undergoes Knee Surgery
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Replaces Chair of Archives State Agency
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Approves Resignation of DANS Deputy Chairperson
- » Opposition BSP Calls on Bulgarian President to Impose Veto on New Debt