Huge Police Presence in Sofia as MPs Return to Work
Bulgarian Parliament is guarded Wednesday by huge riot police force as the lawmakers return to work after a month-long winter holiday vacation.
The building in downtown Sofia is surrounded by heavy metal fences, while citizens gather for a protest rally against the Socialist-endorsed government of Prime Minister, Plamen Oresharski.
There is a huge number of riot police, armored vehicles, and ambulances.
Because policemen outnumber the demonstrators by far, people are joking that Bulgarian police are rallying in protest once again.
- » EU Commission VP Accepts UN Top Job Nomination from Bulgaria
- » Rosen Zhelyazkov Appointed Head of Bulgarian Electronic Management Agency
- » BSP, Lyava Balgariya To Start Discussions On Non-Confidence Vote
- » DPS Leader Karadayi: Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General Is Very Superficial Move
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls For Unity On New UN Secretary Nomination
- » BSP: Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General Is Shame For Bulgaria