Huge Police Presence in Sofia as MPs Return to Work
Bulgarian Parliament is guarded Wednesday by huge riot police force as the lawmakers return to work after a month-long winter holiday vacation.
The building in downtown Sofia is surrounded by heavy metal fences, while citizens gather for a protest rally against the Socialist-endorsed government of Prime Minister, Plamen Oresharski.
There is a huge number of riot police, armored vehicles, and ambulances.
Because policemen outnumber the demonstrators by far, people are joking that Bulgarian police are rallying in protest once again.
- » EPP Group Chairman: Bulgaria Not Ready for Grand Coalition
- » Bakalov 'Ready to Remain IntMin' in Bulgaria's Next Cabinet
- » First Tripartite Gov't Consultations Kick Off in Bulgaria's Parliament
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Has Focused on Fighting Human Trafficking- Caretaker Minister
- » Government Negotiations Agony Extends Into Next Week
- » Interim PM Points Budget Overhaul as Only Way to Pay Back KTB Deposits