Huge Police Presence in Sofia as MPs Return to Work
Bulgarian Parliament is guarded Wednesday by huge riot police force as the lawmakers return to work after a month-long winter holiday vacation.
The building in downtown Sofia is surrounded by heavy metal fences, while citizens gather for a protest rally against the Socialist-endorsed government of Prime Minister, Plamen Oresharski.
There is a huge number of riot police, armored vehicles, and ambulances.
Because policemen outnumber the demonstrators by far, people are joking that Bulgarian police are rallying in protest once again.
- » Bulgaria President Postpones Effort to Form Govt over National Mourning
- » Bulgaria to Declare National Mourning over Hitrino Blast
- » Bulgaria's ex-Justice Min Founds New Political Project
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Insists Voting System Referendum 'Is Mandatory'
- » Bulgaria's Reformist Bloc May Refrain from Seeking New Govt
- » Reformist Bloc Effort to Form Bulgarian Govt Prompts Mixed Reaction