Huge Police Presence in Sofia as MPs Return to Work
Bulgarian Parliament is guarded Wednesday by huge riot police force as the lawmakers return to work after a month-long winter holiday vacation.
The building in downtown Sofia is surrounded by heavy metal fences, while citizens gather for a protest rally against the Socialist-endorsed government of Prime Minister, Plamen Oresharski.
There is a huge number of riot police, armored vehicles, and ambulances.
Because policemen outnumber the demonstrators by far, people are joking that Bulgarian police are rallying in protest once again.
- » Last Working Day Before the Summer Vacation of Bulgarian MPs will be on July 28
- » New Scandal Broke Out in Parliament on the Case with NDK
- » 'Danube Bridge 2' is Temporarily Closed
- » Bulgarian PM Asks for Support From MPs on the Signing of the Friendship Treaty with Macedonia
- » The Access to Silistar Beach is Blocked Again
- » Drives in the Emergency Lane will be Fined with BGN 1000 and Three Months Without a License