Bulgarian Parliament Convenes after Month-Long Break
Bulgaria's Parliament is holding its first plenary session Wednesday after nearly a month-long winter holiday vacation.
Traditionally, the new political season begins with a declaration of every parliamentary group. It is expected that one of the first items on the agenda of lawmakers will be associated with the immunity of the leader of the extreme nationalist party "Ataka," Volen Siderov.
The session starts at 9:00 pm.
The first item on the agenda is the vote on the Bill amending the Law on Credit Institutions, tabled by the Council of Ministers. The MPs are also expected to vote on the Bill amending the Law on Protection against Discrimination, also proposed by the Cabinet.
The agenda further includes a second vote on the Bill amending the Law on Medical Products for Human Use and a second reading of a Bill amending the Law on Export Control of Products Related to Defense.
There will be also several reports of various parliamentary committees. Traditionally, the week will end with the so-called parliamentary control Friday, when members of the Cabinet account before the MPs.
- » School Directors in Bulgaria are Seeking for 3000 Teachers
- » Bulgarian Border Police Hands Foreign Drivers Brochures on Road Traffic Rules
- » Bulgarian PM: 'We Reported Tsankov Kamak to the Prosecutor's Office Because That Installation for BGN1b is Not Working'
- » CEM Held the Hearing of Six Candidates for Director of the Bulgarian National Television
- » 500 People Working in the Summer Resort Sunny Beach are Protesting
- » With BGN 500 000, the Oldest Building of the Troyan Monastery will be Renovated