China to Expand Investments in Bulgaria's Agriculture - President
Bulgaria and China have reached agreements to further intensify bilateral cooperation and trade in the field of agriculture, revealed Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
Tuesday is the third day of the Bulgarian President's official visit to China, which also includes a business delegation.
"China shares Bulgaria's strategic priority to develop agriculture and food production and will encourage Chinese businesses to effect major investments in the agriculture and food industries," stated Plevneliev at a press conference in Beijing.
He further revealed that agreement has been reached on a number of specific documents to be signed imminently, including ones determining standards for the exportation of Bulgarian meat, dairy and agricultural produce.
Bulgarian President Plevneliev has announced that he views the visit to China - his first abroad in 2014 - as pivotal in bilateral relations.
He has consistently phrased an ambition to convince Chinese partners to view Bulgaria as a door to the wider EU market.
- » Bulgaria Air in Codeshare Deal with Germany's airberlin
- » Bulgaria Adopts 2015 Budget with 3% Deficit
- » Fitch Maintains Bulgaria’s Credit Rating At ‘BBB-‘ With Stable Outlook
- » Austria’s BauMax Sells Bulgaria Unit for Token EUR 1
- » Max, Blizoo Join Forces in Mobile Wholesale Deal in Bulgaria
- » Russia Asks Bulgaria to Issue South Stream Construction Permits