China to Expand Investments in Bulgaria's Agriculture - President
Bulgaria and China have reached agreements to further intensify bilateral cooperation and trade in the field of agriculture, revealed Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
Tuesday is the third day of the Bulgarian President's official visit to China, which also includes a business delegation.
"China shares Bulgaria's strategic priority to develop agriculture and food production and will encourage Chinese businesses to effect major investments in the agriculture and food industries," stated Plevneliev at a press conference in Beijing.
He further revealed that agreement has been reached on a number of specific documents to be signed imminently, including ones determining standards for the exportation of Bulgarian meat, dairy and agricultural produce.
Bulgarian President Plevneliev has announced that he views the visit to China - his first abroad in 2014 - as pivotal in bilateral relations.
He has consistently phrased an ambition to convince Chinese partners to view Bulgaria as a door to the wider EU market.
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad, Visits of Foreign Residents Rise in October
- » Bulgaria’s Business Climate Worsens in November
- » Bulgaria Opens Tender for Oil/Gas Exploration in Varna Region
- » Bulgarians to Have Four Long Weekends in 2016
- » Bulgarian National Bank Presents New BGN 2 Coin
- » Telenor Bulgaria to Offer 4G Services from Next Month