3 Light Earthquakes Resigered in S Bulgaria
Three light earthquakes have been registered Tuesday afternoon in southern Bulgaria, the strongest of them with degree 3.4 on the Richter scale.
The strongest tremor was the one that occurred the latest, at 5.44 pm, some 31 km south of the city of Pazardzhik and 12 km southeast of the town of Bratsigovo, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Center.
The other two quakes - magnitude 2.6 and 2.2 - both occurred some 33.5 km southwest of the city of Plovdiv and 18.5 south of the town of Perushtitsa.
There are no reports of casualties or destruction caused.
- » Bulgaria’s Smolyan Municipality Declares State of Emergency over Heavy Rain
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds