3 Light Earthquakes Resigered in S Bulgaria
Three light earthquakes have been registered Tuesday afternoon in southern Bulgaria, the strongest of them with degree 3.4 on the Richter scale.
The strongest tremor was the one that occurred the latest, at 5.44 pm, some 31 km south of the city of Pazardzhik and 12 km southeast of the town of Bratsigovo, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Center.
The other two quakes - magnitude 2.6 and 2.2 - both occurred some 33.5 km southwest of the city of Plovdiv and 18.5 south of the town of Perushtitsa.
There are no reports of casualties or destruction caused.
- » WWF: Global Wildlife Population Dropped by 50% in 40 Years
- » Code Yellow For Bad Weather Declared Along Sea Coast
- » Heavy Rains Expected in 8 Bulgarian Districts on Friday
- » Bulgarian Environmentalists Hold Protests Against Shale Gas
- » Eco Experts: Bulgaria's Zoos Don't Cover EU Standards
- » Annual Revenues from Illegal Logging in Bulgaria at BGN 100 M - WWF