3 Light Earthquakes Resigered in S Bulgaria
Three light earthquakes have been registered Tuesday afternoon in southern Bulgaria, the strongest of them with degree 3.4 on the Richter scale.
The strongest tremor was the one that occurred the latest, at 5.44 pm, some 31 km south of the city of Pazardzhik and 12 km southeast of the town of Bratsigovo, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Center.
The other two quakes - magnitude 2.6 and 2.2 - both occurred some 33.5 km southwest of the city of Plovdiv and 18.5 south of the town of Perushtitsa.
There are no reports of casualties or destruction caused.
- » US Braces for New Heavy Snowfall after Storm Leaves Seven Dead
- » 7 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns Of Rising Water Levels In Rivers
- » EU’s Finance Ministers to Approve Flood Aid of EUR 10 M for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rhodope Mountains Become Part Of Rewilding Europe Initiative
- » Bulgaria’s Environment Minister: Shale Gas Moratorium Will Remain in Place