3 Light Earthquakes Resigered in S Bulgaria
Three light earthquakes have been registered Tuesday afternoon in southern Bulgaria, the strongest of them with degree 3.4 on the Richter scale.
The strongest tremor was the one that occurred the latest, at 5.44 pm, some 31 km south of the city of Pazardzhik and 12 km southeast of the town of Bratsigovo, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Center.
The other two quakes - magnitude 2.6 and 2.2 - both occurred some 33.5 km southwest of the city of Plovdiv and 18.5 south of the town of Perushtitsa.
There are no reports of casualties or destruction caused.
- » Minor 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Village of Belozem Declares State of Emergency
- » Bulgarian Authorities Issue Red Code Over Heavy Rain, Strong Winds in Burgas
- » 15 Districts in Bulgaria under ‘Code Yellow’ Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Last Circus Lions in Bulgaria Leave for South Africa
- » Bulgaria Orders Montupet to Halt Aluminium Casting Unit over Suspected Air Pollution