3 Light Earthquakes Resigered in S Bulgaria
Three light earthquakes have been registered Tuesday afternoon in southern Bulgaria, the strongest of them with degree 3.4 on the Richter scale.
The strongest tremor was the one that occurred the latest, at 5.44 pm, some 31 km south of the city of Pazardzhik and 12 km southeast of the town of Bratsigovo, according to the European Mediterranean Seismological Center.
The other two quakes - magnitude 2.6 and 2.2 - both occurred some 33.5 km southwest of the city of Plovdiv and 18.5 south of the town of Perushtitsa.
There are no reports of casualties or destruction caused.
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts Bracing for Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Hail
- » Bulgarian Tourism Organizations Sign Environment Protection Memorandum
- » Bulgaria's Southern Black Sea Coast Returns to Normal after Floods
- » Code Yellow in 5 Bulgarian Districts over Hail, Torrents Friday
- » Code Yellow Issued in 7 Districts over Risk of Hail, Thunderstorms