Malfeasance Case against Ex Mayor of Bulgaria's Sliven to be Retried
Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov has requested a retrial of a case against former football star and former Mayor of Sliven, Yordan Lechkov.
Tsatsarov filed his request with the Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) and the hearing was scheduled for January 17, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
Lechkov, who had been charged with malfeasance in office during his term in office as Mayor of Sliven and was acquitted by the Sliven District Court and the Burgas Appellate Court.
The prosecuting authority did not protest the acquittal.
The retrial request cites legal and procedural breaches which led the court to reach wrong conclusions.
Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor asked that the case be retried by a different judge panel of the appellate court.
- » The Ombudsman and the Trade Unions Submit a Legislative Proposal to Protect Labor Rights
- » Investments of over BGN 12 Million in the Border Region Between Bulgaria and Serbia
- » The Holy Synod Declared Itself Against the Istanbul Convention
- » Ivaylo Moskovski: By the End of the Year the Debts of BDZ must be Repaid
- » Agency for Road Infrastructure: The Roads are Clean
- » Over BGN 41 Million Granted for Repairs in Sofia