Migrant Invasion 'Intimidation Campaign' in UK Failed - Bulgaria FM
Highly publicized worries of an imminent migrant wave from Bulgaria and Romania in the UK have been proven groundless, according to Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Minister Kristian Vigenin.
"I hope that after the manifest failure of this intimidation campaign carried out against UK citizens with the alleged Eastern European invaders, we will be able to start an active bilateral dialogue," said Vigenin for the Bulgarian National Radio Tuesday.
According to the Bulgarian top diplomat, all serious analysts had warned that any predictions of a floodwave of Bulgarians and Romanians to the UK will be proven wrong, as they have been in fact.
Vigenin added he hopes that his visit to London, which starts Wednesday, will further contribute to allaying concerns in Britain.
"I expect the admission that those fears have not been justified. Bulgarian citizens who live in the UK should get recognition for everything they do, including for their contribution to the British welfare system," stressed the Bulgarian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
In addition to meeting UK cabinet ministers, Vigenin plans to also meet representatives of the Bulgarian community in the UK to discuss the effects of the negative campaign on them.
- » A Bulgarian Horo is Going to Take Place For the 5th Time on Brussels’ Central Square
- » Iliana Iotova: ‘We All Need to Unite For Successful EU Presidency
- » Deputy PM Denitsa Zlateva: Caretaker Government Set the Preparations For EU Presidency
- » Bulgaria Starts to Implement New System For Organic Products’s Certification
- » Vera Jourova: EC Has Not Promised to Lift Monitoring on Bulgaria in 2019
- » EC Criticizes Bulgaria Over Accepting Few Immigrants