Bulgarian Socialists Vow No Mercy for 'Traitors'
The Bulgarian Socialist Party will close all doors for any of its members who decide to run in elections as part of another entity, BSP officials said on Tuesday.
The warning came after former President Georgi Parvanov announced his plans for an alternative left-wing EU election list, a move that triggered fears of serious rift within the ruling Bulgarian Socialists.
Ivaylo Kalfin, MEP and former Foreign Minister (2005-2009), is expected to head the EU election ticket of Parvanov’s ABV movement.
“They are experienced politicians and they should be aware of what they are doing to BSP,” key BSP lawmaker Maya Manolova told reporters, referring to Parvanov and Kalfin.
Manolova reiterated that the opposition center-right GERB party of former PM Boyko Borisov would benefit from the move.
Key Bulgarian Socialist Party officials have already condemned Parvanov and Kalfin as “traitors.”
Parvanov has assured that no members of ABV intend to leave BSP, adding that he does not seek to form a new party.
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Bill Allowing Expats to Vote in Referendums
- » Nationalist Alliance Patriotic Front to Keep Supporting Bulgaria’s Government
- » Bulgaria Needs to Focus Efforts on Completing Motorway Ring – Minister
- » Bulgaria Raises Retirement Age as Part of Pension Reform
- » Bulgaria Sets Up Animal Police Service
- » Bulgaria MP Committee Passes Questions in Voting Rules Referendum
Ha ha ha, Rocky Racoon and her Commie mates don't like it when they can't control everyone, like they are used to. "Traitors", the Commie Club are the biggest backstabbers, cheats and traitors to eachother, and are certain to execute reprisals if you dare not dance to their tune. They speak of "democracy" but practice "You Will Do As I Say Or Else" methodology. You only earn points and merit for brown-nosing up the "food chain". You wouldn't trust them not to steal their Grandmother's gold teeth.