Bulgaria's Dimitrov Keeps His Cool at Scorching Australian Open
Bulgaria's best tennis player Grigor Dimitrov kept his cool on a scorching second day at the Australian Open and advanced to the second round.
The Bulgarian, seeded 23, secured a victory over American Bradley Klahn after managing to turnaround the game - 6-7(7) 6-4 6-4 6-3.
This is the fourth consecutive Grand Slam tournament in which Dimitrov is among the seeded players, but this is his highest position so far.
Falling in the seedings between 17-24 means that the Bulgarian will not face any of the top 8 players before the 4th round.
The top 3 seeded players are Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and David Ferrer. Andy Murray, returning from an injury, will be placed 4th in the scheme.
Dimitrov's best performance at the Australian Open is reaching the 2nd round, in 2011 and 2012. His expectations for this year's edition will surely include surpassing that achievement.
- » Stefka Kostadinova Re-Elected As BOC Chairwoman
- » Daniel Ivanov-Aoiyama With 3rd Consecutive Victory in Osaka
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Squanders 4 Match Balls at Indian Wells
- » Bulgarian Stanimir Belomazhev Achieves Historical gold
- » Levski-CSKA Football Game Affects Sofia Traffic
- » Bulgarian Boxers Scoop 4 Gold Titles at Strandzha Tournament