Bulgaria's Unemployed 11.3% in 2013 – Employment Agency
The average annual unemployment rates of 11.3% for 2013 are 1.1 % lower than expected, Bulgaria's Employment Agency reported.
The unemployment rates in the country have gradually decreased from 11.9% in January and 12% in February to 10.7% in August 2013.
Last year, the average monthly number of the registered unemployed was 371,380. In 2012, unemployment levels increased by nearly 32,000, while in 2013 the numbers were much lower, 6,843.
According to the Employment Agency, the labor bureaus are mainly flooded by employees of small and medium enterprises who are regularly laid off.
- » Introduction of Fingerprint Identification in Outpatient Sector Postponed
- » The Duisburg Casino in Germany Turns 10
- » Flu Peak in Bulgaria Expected in April
- » Austrian Ambassador Roland Hauser Tops Novinite.com's Personalities in the News Poll
- » World Fails to Match Levski's Ideal, Bulgarian President Says
- » Bulgaria, 3 Other NATO States 'Picked Russia to Defend Them if Threatened'