Bulgaria's Unemployed 11.3% in 2013 – Employment Agency
The average annual unemployment rates of 11.3% for 2013 are 1.1 % lower than expected, Bulgaria's Employment Agency reported.
The unemployment rates in the country have gradually decreased from 11.9% in January and 12% in February to 10.7% in August 2013.
Last year, the average monthly number of the registered unemployed was 371,380. In 2012, unemployment levels increased by nearly 32,000, while in 2013 the numbers were much lower, 6,843.
According to the Employment Agency, the labor bureaus are mainly flooded by employees of small and medium enterprises who are regularly laid off.
- » 7 on the Richter Scale Earthquake in New Caledonia
- » The Roof of a School in Targovishte Burned Down
- » Pernik Declares Day of Mourning For the Victims From the Car Crash Near Village of Mikre
- » Three Earthquakes Hit Northern Italy
- » Weightlifting Legend Naim Süleymanoğlu Dies at Age 50
- » Large Medieval Gold Treasure Seized from Treasure Hunters in Bulgaria’s Kazanlak