Bulgaria's Unemployed 11.3% in 2013 – Employment Agency
The average annual unemployment rates of 11.3% for 2013 are 1.1 % lower than expected, Bulgaria's Employment Agency reported.
The unemployment rates in the country have gradually decreased from 11.9% in January and 12% in February to 10.7% in August 2013.
Last year, the average monthly number of the registered unemployed was 371,380. In 2012, unemployment levels increased by nearly 32,000, while in 2013 the numbers were much lower, 6,843.
According to the Employment Agency, the labor bureaus are mainly flooded by employees of small and medium enterprises who are regularly laid off.
- » Romanian Man Dies in Skiing Accident in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Two Migrants Die from Cold Exposure near Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
- » Magnitude-3.0 Earthquake Shakes Bulgaria’s Smolyan Region
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Female Body Found on Beach in Bulgaria's Chernomorets
- » Translation of Bulgarian Novel Goes to 2016 PEN Prize Finals