Bulgaria's Unemployed 11.3% in 2013 – Employment Agency
The average annual unemployment rates of 11.3% for 2013 are 1.1 % lower than expected, Bulgaria's Employment Agency reported.
The unemployment rates in the country have gradually decreased from 11.9% in January and 12% in February to 10.7% in August 2013.
Last year, the average monthly number of the registered unemployed was 371,380. In 2012, unemployment levels increased by nearly 32,000, while in 2013 the numbers were much lower, 6,843.
According to the Employment Agency, the labor bureaus are mainly flooded by employees of small and medium enterprises who are regularly laid off.
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Burgas, Gabrovo, Smolyan
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Construction of Sofia's 3rd Metro Line Could Be Delayed Over Appeals
- » Over 15 000 People Not Let Into Bulgaria in 2014
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains