Bulgaria's Unemployed 11.3% in 2013 – Employment Agency
The average annual unemployment rates of 11.3% for 2013 are 1.1 % lower than expected, Bulgaria's Employment Agency reported.
The unemployment rates in the country have gradually decreased from 11.9% in January and 12% in February to 10.7% in August 2013.
Last year, the average monthly number of the registered unemployed was 371,380. In 2012, unemployment levels increased by nearly 32,000, while in 2013 the numbers were much lower, 6,843.
According to the Employment Agency, the labor bureaus are mainly flooded by employees of small and medium enterprises who are regularly laid off.
- » 'New Product' Tested at Midzhur Ammo Plant on Day of Explosion
- » Bulgaria Declares October 3 National Day of Mourning over Ammo Plant Blast
- » Chief Prosecutor to Personally Investigate Gorni Lom Ammo Plant Blast
- » Specially Equipped Team to Enter Site of Explosion in NW Bulgaria
- » Explosion-Hit Explosives Plant in NW Bulgaria Functioned Despite Numerous Penalty Notices
- » Blast at Explosives Plant Likely Due To Human Error - Ammo Expert