Bulgaria's Unemployed 11.3% in 2013 – Employment Agency
The average annual unemployment rates of 11.3% for 2013 are 1.1 % lower than expected, Bulgaria's Employment Agency reported.
The unemployment rates in the country have gradually decreased from 11.9% in January and 12% in February to 10.7% in August 2013.
Last year, the average monthly number of the registered unemployed was 371,380. In 2012, unemployment levels increased by nearly 32,000, while in 2013 the numbers were much lower, 6,843.
According to the Employment Agency, the labor bureaus are mainly flooded by employees of small and medium enterprises who are regularly laid off.
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Ancient Town Hall near Petrich
- » SE Europe's Largest Observatory Facing Closure over Lack of Funding
- » Varna to Host 11th World Animated Film Festival
- » Bulgaria Gov't Mulls Changing Falcon Plane after Failure
- » Gov't Airplane Carrying PM on Board Performs Emergency Landing at Varna Airport
- » Music, Dance Performances Close 2015 Edition of Sofia Breathes Festival