Bulgaria's Roma Celebrate New Year’s Eve
Bulgaria's Roma will begin celebrations for their New Year, Monday night.
January 14 is known as Bango Vasili, or Vasilitsa. It also marks the coming of the New Year for the Roma.
Roma families gather at their homes January 13 for festive dinners, traditionally including poultry (goose or rooster), as well as dolmas and festive breads. It is also a time for the younger to ask the elderly for forgiveness.
Over 100 public events are scheduled around the country for Tuesday.
- » The Fisherman and the Goldfish Have Their Statue in Bulgaria’s Varna
- » A to JazZ Festival Brings US Legends to Sofia in July
- » Zenith Fusion Festival: Music, Cinema and Insight into Life in Rhodope Mountains
- » Sofia Joins Fete de la Musique With Free Concerts on Three Stages
- » Bulgarian-born Artist Christo Amazes World with Floating Piers
- » Israeli Author Ellis Shuman to Present New Book in Bulgaria