Bulgaria's Roma Celebrate New Year’s Eve
Bulgaria's Roma will begin celebrations for their New Year, Monday night.
January 14 is known as Bango Vasili, or Vasilitsa. It also marks the coming of the New Year for the Roma.
Roma families gather at their homes January 13 for festive dinners, traditionally including poultry (goose or rooster), as well as dolmas and festive breads. It is also a time for the younger to ask the elderly for forgiveness.
Over 100 public events are scheduled around the country for Tuesday.
- » Bulgarian PM, Azerbaijan's First Lady Unveil Renovated Historical Site
- » Free-of-Charge Entry to Sofia Municipal Museums on September 22
- » Exhibition of Pulitzer-Winning Bulgarian Photographer Opens in Sofia
- » Azerbaijan's First Lady to Unveil Open-Air Museum in Veliko Tarnovo on Thursday
- » Sofia to Host Brick Roads Music Festival Again in October
- » Varna Hosting Annual Animated Film Fest