Bulgaria's Roma Celebrate New Year’s Eve
Bulgaria's Roma will begin celebrations for their New Year, Monday night.
January 14 is known as Bango Vasili, or Vasilitsa. It also marks the coming of the New Year for the Roma.
Roma families gather at their homes January 13 for festive dinners, traditionally including poultry (goose or rooster), as well as dolmas and festive breads. It is also a time for the younger to ask the elderly for forgiveness.
Over 100 public events are scheduled around the country for Tuesday.
- » ‘Spirit of Burgas 2014’ Festival Canceled over Low Funding
- » Violinist Vesko Eschkenazy Receives His Personality in the News Award
- » The Offspring To Play The Entire 'Smash' Album In Sofia
- » Veliko Tarnovo Applying for UNESCO World Heritage Site
- » International Roma Day to be Marked in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Celebrates 135 Years As Bulgaria's Capital