Bulgaria's Roma Celebrate New Year’s Eve
Bulgaria's Roma will begin celebrations for their New Year, Monday night.
January 14 is known as Bango Vasili, or Vasilitsa. It also marks the coming of the New Year for the Roma.
Roma families gather at their homes January 13 for festive dinners, traditionally including poultry (goose or rooster), as well as dolmas and festive breads. It is also a time for the younger to ask the elderly for forgiveness.
Over 100 public events are scheduled around the country for Tuesday.
- » Enrique Iglesias to Hold First Individual Concert in Bulgaria on December 14
- » Varna to Host 11th World Animated Film Festival
- » Music, Dance Performances Close 2015 Edition of Sofia Breathes Festival
- » Bulgarian Samuel Finzi Voted Actor of the Year in Germany
- » Bulgaria's Varna Hosting Love Is Folly Film Festival
- » Bulgaria's Thracian Exhibition in Louvre 'among Best for 2015'