Bulgaria's Roma Celebrate New Year’s Eve
Bulgaria's Roma will begin celebrations for their New Year, Monday night.
January 14 is known as Bango Vasili, or Vasilitsa. It also marks the coming of the New Year for the Roma.
Roma families gather at their homes January 13 for festive dinners, traditionally including poultry (goose or rooster), as well as dolmas and festive breads. It is also a time for the younger to ask the elderly for forgiveness.
Over 100 public events are scheduled around the country for Tuesday.
- » Photo From Bulgarians' 2013 Protests Featured In Hollywood Film
- » Finnish Diva Tarja Turunen With Concert In Sofia
- » Orthodox Christians Hail St. Demetrius
- » Japanese Drummers Yamato To Perform In Sofia Again
- » Exhibition Of Photos From Private Albums To Mark 100-th Anniversary Of WWI In Sofia
- » Fifth Edition Of So Independent Festival To Start On Oct. 24