Police Reveal New Details in Vienna Car Explosion
The Austrian national Zlatko Novakovic who died in an explosion in Vienna on Sunday was a respected town councilor and owner of a shipping company.
Novakovic and the second victim of the blow up car, 57-year-old Waldemar W. were good friends, according to their acquaintances, reports BGNES.
The mystery remains of why and how the hand grenade held by the German exploded inside the Bulgarian-registered vehicle.
The police have also found 12 brand new 10 liter gas tanks in the trunk of the car.
Novakovic was an activist in the local branch of the Austrian Social Democratic Party. He was a good friend of the former Mayor of Salzburg Gabi Burgstaller who was involved in a huge affair for misuse of funds.
Novakovic owned a freight company and trucks which he leased to transport service companies. The owner of the unfortunate Bulgarian-registered BMW Georgi Stankov, was an employee of Novakovic and had leased him the vehicle.
Currently, the police are working on three versions. The first version is that Waldemar W. is the author of the attack, and he failed to get out of the car in time.
The second hypothesis is that Zlatko Novakovic has stood in the way of a criminal organization and was assassinated. It is also possible that both victims were involved in illegal activities.
- » Bulgaria Earns Praise from Europol for Busting Workshop for Forged Euro Notes
- » Cash Machine Stolen in Bulgaria’s Velingrad
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 22 Afghan Migrants near Border with Greece