Football World Awaits Golden Ball Ceremony
The ceremony for the 2013 Ballon d'Or (Golden Ball) will take place on Monday night in Zurich.
The final 3 nominees for football's most prestigious individual award are Lionel Messi (Argentina), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), and Franck Ribery (France).
Messi, who has won the award in the last 4 editions, is facing fierce competition this time. Despite his staggering 46 goals during last season, the Argentine was sidelined several times with injuries, and is not in his best form.
Cristiano Ronaldo, who won the award in 2008, has kicked off this season in marvelous form, scoring 20 league goals and 9 Champions League goals, in just over 4 months.
Meanwhile, Ribery was instrumental in leading Bayern Munich to a treble-title in the past season. He has also starred for France, playing a key role in their qualification for the World Cup. He is yet to win the award.
The ceremony will start at 7:30 PM Bulgarian time.
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Concludes Season with Defeat in Paris