Bulgaria’s Bus Carriers to Go on Protest
Bulgaria's Bus Carriers Association has declared a nationwide protest over the unresolved problems in the sector.
The decision was announced at a press conference Monday by Galya Topalova, Chair of the National Association of Bus Carriers (NABC).
"We want to put our demands up for discussion. The companies are exhausted and cannot operate properly. Regular services are being closed throughout the entire country", Topalova stated.
"We have sent 104 letters in one year, receiving just 4 replies. There is no response to the letter we sent to the prime minister, either. We hope that our demands will be heard", she added.
The central bus station in the capital city Sofia is being plastered with posters reading "protest".
"As of February 1 we will stop all intercity bus services," Topalova warned.
- » Bulgarian IntMin to Propose New Chief Secretary Despite PM Warning
- » Bulgaria's President Plevneliev to Meet King Philippe of Belgium
- » Former Bulgarian President to Resign ABV Party's Leadership
- » Bulgarian PM Convened Extraordinary Meeting of Deputy PMs, FinMin
- » Bulgarian President Considers Imposing No Veto over New BGN 16 B Debt
- » Sofia Appellate Court Acquits Former Interior Minister on Embezzlement Charges