Bulgaria’s Bus Carriers to Go on Protest
Bulgaria's Bus Carriers Association has declared a nationwide protest over the unresolved problems in the sector.
The decision was announced at a press conference Monday by Galya Topalova, Chair of the National Association of Bus Carriers (NABC).
"We want to put our demands up for discussion. The companies are exhausted and cannot operate properly. Regular services are being closed throughout the entire country", Topalova stated.
"We have sent 104 letters in one year, receiving just 4 replies. There is no response to the letter we sent to the prime minister, either. We hope that our demands will be heard", she added.
The central bus station in the capital city Sofia is being plastered with posters reading "protest".
"As of February 1 we will stop all intercity bus services," Topalova warned.
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act
- » The Repair of Popular Grafa Street in the Center of Sofia Starts on May 8th
- » Economists Forecast 4.4% GDP Growth for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Head of State Convenes National Security Council Today
- » Minister Nankov: The whole Route of the Hemus Highway can be Completed by 2025.