Bulgaria’s Bus Carriers to Go on Protest
Bulgaria's Bus Carriers Association has declared a nationwide protest over the unresolved problems in the sector.
The decision was announced at a press conference Monday by Galya Topalova, Chair of the National Association of Bus Carriers (NABC).
"We want to put our demands up for discussion. The companies are exhausted and cannot operate properly. Regular services are being closed throughout the entire country", Topalova stated.
"We have sent 104 letters in one year, receiving just 4 replies. There is no response to the letter we sent to the prime minister, either. We hope that our demands will be heard", she added.
The central bus station in the capital city Sofia is being plastered with posters reading "protest".
"As of February 1 we will stop all intercity bus services," Topalova warned.
- » Bulgarian Politicians Renew Dispute over Turkish-Language News
- » Bulgaria Gov't Seeks to Reinstate Rumen Porozhanov as Agriculture Fund Head
- » Court Re-appoints ex-Head of Bulgaria's Agriculture Fund
- » Bulgarian Police Cars to Be Equipped with GPS by end-2014 - IntMin
- » ABV 'Provides for Stability' of Bulgaria's Govt - Leader
- » Bulgaria's Minimum Wage Remains BGN 340 Next Year