Bulgaria’s Bus Carriers to Go on Protest
Bulgaria's Bus Carriers Association has declared a nationwide protest over the unresolved problems in the sector.
The decision was announced at a press conference Monday by Galya Topalova, Chair of the National Association of Bus Carriers (NABC).
"We want to put our demands up for discussion. The companies are exhausted and cannot operate properly. Regular services are being closed throughout the entire country", Topalova stated.
"We have sent 104 letters in one year, receiving just 4 replies. There is no response to the letter we sent to the prime minister, either. We hope that our demands will be heard", she added.
The central bus station in the capital city Sofia is being plastered with posters reading "protest".
"As of February 1 we will stop all intercity bus services," Topalova warned.
- » Bulgarian PM's Party Will Only Be Part in Govt if It Wins Election
- » Bulgaria's PM 'May Stay in Office Until January'
- » Bulgaria Amends Foreign Nationals Law, Adding 'Humanitarian Visas'
- » Bulgaria to Curb Movement of Migrants
- » Bulgaria's President Willing to Give Reformist Bloc Mandate to Form Govt
- » Harmanli Riots: Scabies Found among Some Migrants