Bulgaria’s Bus Carriers to Go on Protest
Bulgaria's Bus Carriers Association has declared a nationwide protest over the unresolved problems in the sector.
The decision was announced at a press conference Monday by Galya Topalova, Chair of the National Association of Bus Carriers (NABC).
"We want to put our demands up for discussion. The companies are exhausted and cannot operate properly. Regular services are being closed throughout the entire country", Topalova stated.
"We have sent 104 letters in one year, receiving just 4 replies. There is no response to the letter we sent to the prime minister, either. We hope that our demands will be heard", she added.
The central bus station in the capital city Sofia is being plastered with posters reading "protest".
"As of February 1 we will stop all intercity bus services," Topalova warned.
- » Bulgaria's Former PM Holds No Ambitions of Returning to BSP Leadership
- » Director of Bulgaria’s Registry Agency Removed from Office
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Changes to Electronic Communications Act
- » Bulgaria Parliament Appoints New Audit Office Head
- » Bulgaria’s Economy Minister to Chair Newly Established National Economic Council
- » Poll: Half of Bulgarians Not Intending to Vote at Forthcoming Local Elections