American Pilots Monument in Sofia Painted by Unknown Perps
The monument of American pilots near the US Embassy in the Bulgarian capital Sofia has been spray-painted, several Bulgarian media reported.
This happened when Bulgaria was marking the 70th anniversary of the most destructive Second World bombing sustained by the allied US and British air force.
As some 950 people were killed and hundreds of buildings were completely demolished or severely damaged on January 10, 1944, many Bulgarians see the monument as highly controversial.
Police have interrogated people who participated in the Friday protest, but the perpetrator remains unknown.
The monument was covered with a white cloth until it is cleaned.
- » Loose Hose on Gas Cyllinder Sends People in Hospital
- » Judas Priest To Hit Sofia in June
- » Judge at Supreme Court of Cassation Appointed Interim Head of Sofia City Court
- » Plane Makes Emergency Landing at Burgas Airport over Sudden Death of Passenger
- » The Symphonic Orchestra of the Bulgarian National Radio to Play at The Godfather Screening
- » Two Turkish F-4 Jets Crash, Killing Four Pilots