American Pilots Monument in Sofia Painted by Unknown Perps
The monument of American pilots near the US Embassy in the Bulgarian capital Sofia has been spray-painted, several Bulgarian media reported.
This happened when Bulgaria was marking the 70th anniversary of the most destructive Second World bombing sustained by the allied US and British air force.
As some 950 people were killed and hundreds of buildings were completely demolished or severely damaged on January 10, 1944, many Bulgarians see the monument as highly controversial.
Police have interrogated people who participated in the Friday protest, but the perpetrator remains unknown.
The monument was covered with a white cloth until it is cleaned.
- » Two Dead Bodies Found at Bulgaria’s Southern Black Sea Coast
- » Algeria Hackers Attack Bulgarian Culture Ministry's Website
- » Photo of Young and Beautiful Bulgarian Primary School Teacher Goes Viral
- » Banker Tsvetan Vasilev 'Feeling Betrayed by Everybody'
- » 19% of Bulgarians Paid No Health Insurance Contributions in 2013
- » Serbian Court Places Tsvetan Vasilev Under Recognizance Order