Bulgarians Ranked 14th in World by IQ
Bulgaria is ranked 14th with 93% in the IQ ranking, compiled by British psychologist Richard Lynn and Finnish political scientist Tatu Vanhanen.
They studied results in 113 countries, the Bulgarian news agency BGNES reported Saturday.
First on the list is Singapore with 108% success, followed by South Korea, Japan and Italy with results respectively 106%, 105% and 102%. Iceland, Mongolia and Switzerland, with 101 %, also fall in the top ten. Austria, China, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway and the UK lead Bulgaria by 7% with a result of 100%.
The last places are occupied by Guinea-Bissau, Haiti and Mozambique, and at the bottom of the list is Equatorial Guinea with 59 %.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 58th by Human Development Index
- » Reporters Without Borders Slam Amendments to BG Penal Code on Banks
- » Private Companies to Organize Driving License Tests – Agency Head
- » Bulgarian Police Is Looking For A German Citizen
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » Almost Half of Bulgarians Live Below Poverty Threshold – Survey
The Lynn and Vanhanen studies are highly controversial, and have been under discussion for over a decade. Here Bulgaria is ranked 49th: goo.gl/Nvkmia Here indeed ranked 14th, but many countries are ranked together at one level: goo.gl/yd3zH So all this should be seen through a skeptical prism, whatever data it is based on. Here a whole recent book by Lynn and Varhanen: goo.gl/Fjimy8 What is the source of this particular article?