Border Fence to Ease Refugee Flow, Says Greek Ambassador to Bulgaria
One of the main priorities of Greece’s EU presidency will be the issue of refugees and migrants, says the country’s Ambassador to Bulgaria Dimosthenis Stoidis.
Ambassador Stoidis told the Bulgarian National Radio that both Greece and Bulgaria are the most affected from the refugee crisis, as they are outer borders of the EU.
He reiterated the position of Athens, which calls for a unified and integrated strategy to deal with the problem on an EU-wide level, so member states can balance the economic burden.
Ambassador Stoidis added that the fence built on the Greek-Turkish border has considerably lowered the number of incoming refugees, and the fence Bulgaria is building would have the same effect.
- » Putin and Merkel Talk In Sochi about Iran, Ukraine and Nord Stream 2
- » Putin Meets Bulgarian President Radev in Sochi on 22 May
- » North Korea Threatened to Cancel the Trump Meeting
- » Merkel: We will Discuss Serbia-Kosovo Relations in Sofia
- » The Meeting between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un will most likely take Place in Singapore
- » North Korea Released Three Americans from Prison