Border Fence to Ease Refugee Flow, Says Greek Ambassador to Bulgaria
One of the main priorities of Greece’s EU presidency will be the issue of refugees and migrants, says the country’s Ambassador to Bulgaria Dimosthenis Stoidis.
Ambassador Stoidis told the Bulgarian National Radio that both Greece and Bulgaria are the most affected from the refugee crisis, as they are outer borders of the EU.
He reiterated the position of Athens, which calls for a unified and integrated strategy to deal with the problem on an EU-wide level, so member states can balance the economic burden.
Ambassador Stoidis added that the fence built on the Greek-Turkish border has considerably lowered the number of incoming refugees, and the fence Bulgaria is building would have the same effect.
- » Head of State: Israel Would be Interested in Investing in High Technology
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Congratulated Vladimir Putin on His Re-election
- » Finance Ministers of the G20 Countries Met in Buenos Aires
- » President Radev will go on an Official Visit to Israel
- » Finance Minister Vladislav Goranov will Represent the EU Council of G20 in Argentina
- » The North Korean Foreign Minister Arrived in Sweden