Winter Tourists’ Interest in Bulgaria Increasing
Bulgaria’s Deputy Minister of Economy, Branimir Botev, predicts an 8.2% increase in winter tourism compared to last winter.
“Bulgaria offers a variety of touristic products. For a small country like ours, we have a warm sea and 5 mountains with huge potential for winter tourism”, said Botev for Bulgaria On Air television.
He added that Bulgaria is currently the 4th most sought winter destination in Europe, but nonetheless, has the potential to increase its ski tourism 5-fold.
2013 was the first year in which Bulgaria surpassed EUR 3 B in revenue from tourism, with over 7 million foreign tourists visiting the country.
- » Bansko Opens Ski Season On December 13
- » Bulgaria's Deputy EconMin Proposes Separate Tourism Ministry
- » Bulgaria's Winter Tourism to See 4.5-5% Growth in 2014 – Branimir Botev
- » Bulgaria To Spend BGN 7 M On Tourism Promotion
- » Bulgarians' Trips Abroad Rise By Almost 10% In September
- » Bulgaria Is Second Favorite Destination Among Russians