Winter Tourists’ Interest in Bulgaria Increasing
Bulgaria’s Deputy Minister of Economy, Branimir Botev, predicts an 8.2% increase in winter tourism compared to last winter.
“Bulgaria offers a variety of touristic products. For a small country like ours, we have a warm sea and 5 mountains with huge potential for winter tourism”, said Botev for Bulgaria On Air television.
He added that Bulgaria is currently the 4th most sought winter destination in Europe, but nonetheless, has the potential to increase its ski tourism 5-fold.
2013 was the first year in which Bulgaria surpassed EUR 3 B in revenue from tourism, with over 7 million foreign tourists visiting the country.
- » Bulgarians Made More Business, Holiday Trips Abroad in April
- » Bulgarians Completed Less Tourist Trips in First Quarter of 2015
- » Minister Expects 5 % Rise in French Tourists to Bulgaria after Louvre Exhibition
- » Bulgarian Tourist Attractions to Appear in Online Register
- » Minister Expects Increase of Last Minute Russian Tourists to Bulgaria
- » FAZ: Bulgaria, Turkey 'Best Holiday Bargains in Europe'