Winter Tourists’ Interest in Bulgaria Increasing
Bulgaria’s Deputy Minister of Economy, Branimir Botev, predicts an 8.2% increase in winter tourism compared to last winter.
“Bulgaria offers a variety of touristic products. For a small country like ours, we have a warm sea and 5 mountains with huge potential for winter tourism”, said Botev for Bulgaria On Air television.
He added that Bulgaria is currently the 4th most sought winter destination in Europe, but nonetheless, has the potential to increase its ski tourism 5-fold.
2013 was the first year in which Bulgaria surpassed EUR 3 B in revenue from tourism, with over 7 million foreign tourists visiting the country.
- » Bulgarian Tourists Stuck on Santorini by General Strike in Greece
- » Bulgaria Air Adds Weekly Flights to Lisbon, Alicante from Sofia
- » Bulgaria to Keep Old Tourist Logo As All Proposals Rejected
- » Network of Electric Bicycles to Connect Bulgaria, Romania
- » Competition for New Tourist Logo of Bulgaria Fails to Select Winner
- » Over 100 000 Romanians Expected to Visit Bulgaria over Easter Holiday