Winter Tourists’ Interest in Bulgaria Increasing
Bulgaria’s Deputy Minister of Economy, Branimir Botev, predicts an 8.2% increase in winter tourism compared to last winter.
“Bulgaria offers a variety of touristic products. For a small country like ours, we have a warm sea and 5 mountains with huge potential for winter tourism”, said Botev for Bulgaria On Air television.
He added that Bulgaria is currently the 4th most sought winter destination in Europe, but nonetheless, has the potential to increase its ski tourism 5-fold.
2013 was the first year in which Bulgaria surpassed EUR 3 B in revenue from tourism, with over 7 million foreign tourists visiting the country.
- » Bulgaria Loses 1M Turkish Tourists a Year due to Cumbersome Visa Issuance Process
- » Bulgarians Complete More Holiday Trips, Excursions Abroad in June
- » Balkan Holidays To Launch Glasgow-Varna Flights Next Summer
- » Bulgarian Couple Hitch-hikes to India in 511 Days
- » Low-Cost Carrier easyJet Launches Sofia-London Stansted Flights in Winter
- » Bulgaria Ranks Among Top 3 Most Popular Destinations for TUI Russia This Summer