Winter Tourists’ Interest in Bulgaria Increasing
Bulgaria’s Deputy Minister of Economy, Branimir Botev, predicts an 8.2% increase in winter tourism compared to last winter.
“Bulgaria offers a variety of touristic products. For a small country like ours, we have a warm sea and 5 mountains with huge potential for winter tourism”, said Botev for Bulgaria On Air television.
He added that Bulgaria is currently the 4th most sought winter destination in Europe, but nonetheless, has the potential to increase its ski tourism 5-fold.
2013 was the first year in which Bulgaria surpassed EUR 3 B in revenue from tourism, with over 7 million foreign tourists visiting the country.
- » Sunny Beach 2nd Cheapest Destination for UK Tourists
- » Ryanair's Sofia Flights Moved to Terminal 2 as of Monday
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Expects 40% Rise in Russian Tourists in 2017
- » Bulgaria Set to Record 8-Million Tourist Mark
- » Burgas Airport to Reopen on Saturday
- » Bulgaria Enables Online Purchase of Train Tickets