Light Earthquake Registered in Southwest Bulgaria
A light earthquake of magnitude 2.8 on the Richter scale was registered on Friday night in southwestern Bulgaria.
The quake struck at 10:43 PM, and was felt in the western part of the Rhodope mountains.
The epicenter was about 15 km southeast of Borino village, in the region of Smolyan. It is situated 152 km from the capital Sofia.
There are no reports of any damages caused by the tremor.
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bird Flu Caused Death of Pelicans in Bulgaria's Srebarna Reserve
- » Chile Floods Leave 200 Bulgarians Stranded
- » 21 Pelicans Found Dead at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Small 2.9-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Southern Bulgaria
- » 2.8-Magnitude Earthquake Registered near Bulgaria’s Samokov