'Keep Fighting', Pironkova's Motto When She Considered Quitting
Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova revealed that she had considered giving up on tennis in some of her toughest moments.
The 26-year old from Plovdiv won her first WTA major title on Friday in Sydney, despite having fallen to 107th place in the world rankings over the past year.
"I would be lying if I said it never crossed my mind, especially with the poor results last year", Pironkova responded to a question whether she had ever considered quitting the sport.
"I had to constantly tell myself: Ok, this is bad, but you must push on, look forward, and fight", she added in her post-match press conference.
Pironkova said she had been extremely nervous during the final against Kerber, but made an effort to focus on each shot, and not let her emotions show.
- » Additional Security Measures for Europa League Final in Stockholm Already in Place
- » Antoaneta Boneva Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup in Munich
- » Kubrat Pulev to Fight For IBF Heavyweight title within 10 Months
- » Dimitar Berbatov: 'We are Trying to Surprise People in All Possible Ways'
- » Grigor Dimitrov Only A Step Away From TOP 10
- » Boryana Kaleyn 4th in the Rhythmic Gymnastics All-Around in Portugal