Bulgarian PM Salutes Pironkova on Sydney Cup
Bulgaria's PM Plamen Oresharski has sent a letter of salutation to Bulgarian tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova, who won the Sydney International trophy Friday.
Pironkova, who is ranked 107th and was a qualfier for the tournament, beat 9th ranked German Angelique Kerber, who was seeded 5th. This is the Bulgarian's first WTA cup.
"You achieved this victory by showing character and strife ahead, vanquishing even pain," stated PM Oresharski.
"I am convinced that it is young Bulgarians to whom we owe not only the best perspectives for development of our country, but also for upholding its good repute across the world," added he.
Oresharski further expressed his hopes that Pironkova will continue her winning streak from this week throughout 2014.
"I am exceptionally proud to be able to congratulate you and to tell you that Bulgaria is proud of you," said he.
The Bulgarian PM wished Pironkova good health and luck in her future endeavors.
- » Bulgarian Appointed as Coach of Maldives National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round