Bulgarian Tennis Head: I Never Doubted Pironkova’s Talent
The President of the Bulgarian Tennis Federation, Stefan Tsvetkov sees Tsvetana Pironkova's WTA title in Sydney as a huge achievement for all of Bulgaria.
"I thank Pironkova, and congratulate all Bulgarians", said Tsvetkov for Darik radio.
"We are all extremely proud. She not only won a WTA title, but did so by beating some top class players", he added.
Tsvetkov believes that Pironkova has always had the qualities to become a top tennis player, and he never had doubts, despite her difficult year in 2013.
"Grigor (Dimitrov) won in Stockholm, now Tsveti did it in Sydney. This is an immeasurable advertisement of Bulgaria and a source of pride", concluded Tsvetkov.
- » At Least 110 Bulgarians to Compete in European Games 2015
- » Skiers Speak Out Against FIS Reaction to Dangerous Race Conditions
- » Anna Fenninger Records Second Victory at Ski World Cup in Bansko
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of ATP Top Ten
- » Anna Fenninger Wins Alpine Skiing World Cup Combined Race in Bansko
- » Fenninger Wins First Run of World Cup Ladies Combined in Bansko