Bulgarian Tennis Head: I Never Doubted Pironkova’s Talent
The President of the Bulgarian Tennis Federation, Stefan Tsvetkov sees Tsvetana Pironkova's WTA title in Sydney as a huge achievement for all of Bulgaria.
"I thank Pironkova, and congratulate all Bulgarians", said Tsvetkov for Darik radio.
"We are all extremely proud. She not only won a WTA title, but did so by beating some top class players", he added.
Tsvetkov believes that Pironkova has always had the qualities to become a top tennis player, and he never had doubts, despite her difficult year in 2013.
"Grigor (Dimitrov) won in Stockholm, now Tsveti did it in Sydney. This is an immeasurable advertisement of Bulgaria and a source of pride", concluded Tsvetkov.
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria’s Lalova-Collio Qualifies for Women’s 200m Semi-finals in Bejing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Records Second Consecutive Victory in St. Louis