Bulgarian Tennis Head: I Never Doubted Pironkova’s Talent
The President of the Bulgarian Tennis Federation, Stefan Tsvetkov sees Tsvetana Pironkova's WTA title in Sydney as a huge achievement for all of Bulgaria.
"I thank Pironkova, and congratulate all Bulgarians", said Tsvetkov for Darik radio.
"We are all extremely proud. She not only won a WTA title, but did so by beating some top class players", he added.
Tsvetkov believes that Pironkova has always had the qualities to become a top tennis player, and he never had doubts, despite her difficult year in 2013.
"Grigor (Dimitrov) won in Stockholm, now Tsveti did it in Sydney. This is an immeasurable advertisement of Bulgaria and a source of pride", concluded Tsvetkov.
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Reaches Her First 1/8 Final at Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova to Face Sloane Stephens in 3rd Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros