Bulgarian Tennis Head: I Never Doubted Pironkova’s Talent
The President of the Bulgarian Tennis Federation, Stefan Tsvetkov sees Tsvetana Pironkova's WTA title in Sydney as a huge achievement for all of Bulgaria.
"I thank Pironkova, and congratulate all Bulgarians", said Tsvetkov for Darik radio.
"We are all extremely proud. She not only won a WTA title, but did so by beating some top class players", he added.
Tsvetkov believes that Pironkova has always had the qualities to become a top tennis player, and he never had doubts, despite her difficult year in 2013.
"Grigor (Dimitrov) won in Stockholm, now Tsveti did it in Sydney. This is an immeasurable advertisement of Bulgaria and a source of pride", concluded Tsvetkov.
- » Bulgarian Football Union Approves Ivaylo Petev Unanimously
- » Ivaylo Petev 'to Become' Coach of Bulgaria's Men National Football Team
- » Bulgaria IntMin Continues Investigation of Alleged Football Match Fixing
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Defeated by Real Madrid 0:4
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Losing to Real Madrid 0:2 in 1st Half
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Travels to Madrid in Search of a Miracle