French MEP Dismayed by Bulgarian Govt Reaction on Siderov Outburst
The President of the French delegation of the European People's Party (EPP) is dismayed by the absence of an official condemnation of Volen Siderov by the Bulgarian government.
"I am amazed that the Government of the Republic of Bulgaria, the Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski, and the leader of the Socialist Party Sergei Stanishev have not condemned the attack", wrote Jean -Pierre Audy in an official statement.
The French MEP expressed his hope that this silence is not motivated by the fragile balance in Bulgaria's Parliament, which relies heavily on the support of the extremist Ataka party.
Late on Monday, Siderov verbally assaulted a French cultural attach? during a Sofia-Varna flight and later attacked a passenger and a police officer in a Varna airport shuttle bus.
As a result, Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov asked that ultranationalist be stripped of his MP immunity. It will, however, depend on the Parliament to vote for his immunity to be removed.
- » By December 20 Bulgaria Will Have Exact Program of Its Presidency of the Council of EU
- » 250 000 BGN Will Cost the Office Equipment for the Bulgarian Presidency of the Council of EU
- » Netherlands is also Against Bulgaria Entering Schengen
- » The German Interior Minister is Skeptical About Bulgaria's Accession to Schengen
- » Mariya Gabriel has Sworn as an European Commissioner at the European Court of Justice
- » ‘It’s High Time’ Romania and Bulgaria to Join Schengen Zone, Juncker Announces
"The French MEP expressed his hope that this silence is not motivated by the fragile balance in Bulgaria's Parliament, which relies heavily on the support of the extremist Ataka party."...........................
LOL, Exactly! That and the fact that we have a very very very duplicitious bunch of wimps in "government". They scurry away like mice when things get "awkward"