Bulgarians Looking to Move to UK's Crawley Urged to Learn English
Any citizen of Bulgaria or Romania who decides to move to the British city of Crawley has been urged to learn English quickly.
News portal Crawley news informs that Bulgarians and Romanians need language skills to settle and find a job.
The publication comes against the backdrop of the lifting of labor restrictions for Bulgarians and Romanians in nine European Union countries, including Britain, on January 1, 2014.
Local authorities are not expecting a rise in demand for services at this stage as the number of potential arrivals in the country is unclear.
However, a member of Crawley's large Polish community says the fact the town is recognized for being multi-cultural and is close to Gatwick Airport could make it an attractive place to settle down in the UK.
- » Europol Busts People Smuggling Group Linked to Bulgaria
- » Child Poverty Highest in Bulgaria, Romania
- » EU Commission Adopts Bulgaria's Fisheries, Aquaculture Programme Worth EUR 113 M
- » Oxfam-funded Report Accuses Bulgaria of Police Abuse of Migrants
- » Bulgaria Contributes EUR 50,000 to EU's Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
- » Workers from Bulgaria, Romania in UK Reach Fresh High of 219,000