Pironkova: Sydney Trophey Win Is 'Surreal'
Bulgarian tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova has displayed humility and determination, welcoming the first WTA cup in her career in Sydney Friday.
"This is something that I’ve been waiting for for so long and something that I've missed so much," a move Pironkova said after the final
"Now that I finally have it, it’s all surreal. I still cannot believe it, honestly."
Pironkova, who is ranked 107th and was a qualfier for the tournament, beat 9th ranked German Angelique Kerber, who was seeded 5th.
"I was just trying to keep the ball in the court as much as possible, as strong as possible, and when I have my chance to make winners. That’s it," Pironkova explained.
"I felt very nervous (towards the end) but I tried my hardest not to show it. I was trying to concentrate so hard that I just see only the ball. I was only watching the ball and I’m like, ‘okay, just watch the ball and follow every point’."
"Now I won the title, I’m not just going to take it for granted. I am going to be happy for as much as I can. I’m going enjoy this moment as much as I can and take everything from it that I can," reflected the Bulgarian.
"It can only give me good things. I have the confidence. I know now that I’m capable of beating everyone. I’m just going to try to repeat it."
- » Grigor Dimitrov Remains Fourth in the World Tennis Rankings
- » The Prime Minister Meets with Football Bosses Because of the Pressure on Referees
- » National Football Team Coach Announced the Team for Upcoming Friendlies
- » The Cabinet Allocated BGN 1.66 Million for the World Motocross Championship
- » The Greek Football Super League is Temporarily Suspended
- » Former No. 7 in the World is Dimitrov's First Rival in Indian Wells