Bulgaria Needs True Leftist Party - Rightist Ex-PM
Among the most serious problems in Bulgaria is the lack of a center-left party, according to former center-right PM Boyko Borisov.
Friday Borisov mused about left, right and the Bulgarian party system on his Facebook page.
"The true problem in Bulgaria is that it has no leftist party. We have a so-called leftist Bulgarian Socialist Party, that is however thoroughly guided by [coalition partner] the Movement for Rights and Freedoms," wrote the former PM.
"At the same time, the Socialists' main policies are rather centrist or rightist," added he.
"There are no such lacks in the center-right part of the spectrum, but there is a whole on the left side", summarized Borisov.
- » Boyko Borisov Threatens To Return Mandate
- » Parliament Starts Debate on Budget Overhaul, C-Bank's Report on KTB
- » President Plevneliev Begins Consultations with Parties Friday
- » Bulgaria's GERB, RB Ready to Sign Coalition Agreement
- » EPP Group Chairman: Bulgaria Not Ready for Grand Coalition
- » Bakalov 'Ready to Remain IntMin' in Bulgaria's Next Cabinet