Bulgaria Needs True Leftist Party - Rightist Ex-PM
Among the most serious problems in Bulgaria is the lack of a center-left party, according to former center-right PM Boyko Borisov.
Friday Borisov mused about left, right and the Bulgarian party system on his Facebook page.
"The true problem in Bulgaria is that it has no leftist party. We have a so-called leftist Bulgarian Socialist Party, that is however thoroughly guided by [coalition partner] the Movement for Rights and Freedoms," wrote the former PM.
"At the same time, the Socialists' main policies are rather centrist or rightist," added he.
"There are no such lacks in the center-right part of the spectrum, but there is a whole on the left side", summarized Borisov.
- » Bulgarian Politicians Renew Dispute over Turkish-Language News
- » Bulgaria Gov't Seeks to Reinstate Rumen Porozhanov as Agriculture Fund Head
- » Court Re-appoints ex-Head of Bulgaria's Agriculture Fund
- » Bulgarian Police Cars to Be Equipped with GPS by end-2014 - IntMin
- » ABV 'Provides for Stability' of Bulgaria's Govt - Leader
- » Bulgaria's Minimum Wage Remains BGN 340 Next Year