Bulgaria's Pironkova Dedicates Win to Family, Supporters
"Mom, Dad, we got a trophy," were the words with which Bulgaria's best female player Tsvetana Pironkova begun her emotional speech after winning the first title of her career.
She thanked all who stood by her and supported her and her sponsors that made the event possible.
"This was the best thing for me so far," continued Tsvetana in Sydney, while her parents watched with teary eyes.
"Everyone here, thank you very much once again - my family back home, my boyfriend, I love you," she added.
"Last but not least, I want to dedicate this title to a person who is no longer with us - my grandfather Nikola. I know that you are here tonight, thank you," Pironkova concluded without holding back tears.
- » Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking