Bulgaria's Pironkova Dedicates Win to Family, Supporters
"Mom, Dad, we got a trophy," were the words with which Bulgaria's best female player Tsvetana Pironkova begun her emotional speech after winning the first title of her career.
She thanked all who stood by her and supported her and her sponsors that made the event possible.
"This was the best thing for me so far," continued Tsvetana in Sydney, while her parents watched with teary eyes.
"Everyone here, thank you very much once again - my family back home, my boyfriend, I love you," she added.
"Last but not least, I want to dedicate this title to a person who is no longer with us - my grandfather Nikola. I know that you are here tonight, thank you," Pironkova concluded without holding back tears.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Starts in Wimbledon on Monday
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Bjorn Fratangelo at Wimbledon
- » Bulgaria's Stiliyan Petrov to Join Aston Villa for Pre-season Training
- » Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Athlete Undergoes Successful Spine Surgery
- » Bulgarian Olympic Medalist Will Not Box at Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Athlete Has Reportedly Come Out of Coma