Siderov Stars in Soap Opera Scenario - Bulgarian PR Expert Maxim Behar
The recent scandal provoked by Bulgaria's ultranationalist Volen Siderov will positively affect his image, according to PR expert Maxim Behar.
In a Friday interview for the Bulgarian National Television, he argued that the scene caused by the leader of Ataka during a Sofia-Varna flight when Siderov verbally assaulted the French cultural attach?, attacked a passenger and a police officer, will add to the positive image of the party.
"Naturally, Siderov has produced the scandal himself. The plot resembles that of a Latin soap opera – there is the French lady, her defender gets hit, someone else gets in a fight with the police. The event has drawn considerable public attention and has been widely discussed," the PR specialist elaborated.
The anthropologist Haralan Aleksandrov commented that only the voters could decide whether the scandal would put an end to Siderov's political career.
"This man has a serious ethical conflict. He should decide whether to assume the role of a slave-driver or of Spartacus defending the oppressed and the enslaved" the anthropologist advised.
Both Maxim Behar and Haralan Aleksandrov are adamant that Siderov is plotting the scandals himself in order to maintain his popularity.
The latest events prompted Chief Prosecutor, Sotir Tsatasarov, to ask Siderov's immunity as Member of the Parliament.
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped