Reports of Sofia Armed Bank Robbery Refuted
Money has not been stolen from a bank branch in the Bulgaria capital Sofia, confirmed by the Interior Ministry and the Bank before Nova TV, rebutting earlier reports.
Addressing the media, the Bank stated that on Friday morning there was an attempted break-in at the headquarters of Unionbank. The guards have responded adequately. No one has been injured; no money has been stolen and the police arrived on time.
- » Bulgaria Chief Prosecutor Demands Lifting of Nationalist Leader's Immunity
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain Three Dutch Citizens Suspected of Terrorism
- » Bulgaria Refuses to Extradite Len Homeniuk to Kyrgyzstan
- » Ex Chair of Varna Administrative Court Conclusively Convicted in Bribery Case
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 30 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Railway Workers Find Abandoned Bag with 2.8kg of TNT near Tracks