OECD to Assist Bulgaria in the Integration of Refugees
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) will assist the Bulgarian government in the refugee integration policy formulation.
OECD has sent experts in Bulgaria at the request of the government, the press office of the Council of Ministers announced.
Jean-Christophe Dumont, head of International Migration Division and Thomas Liebig, head of Labor Market Reports at OECD arrived in Bulgaria on a two-day visit, Thursday.
The experts will assist in the preparation of strategic documents for the refugee integration in Bulgaria for the period 2014-2016 as part of the migration policy, taking into account the effect on the local economy.
The experts met Thursday with Bulgaria's Deputy PM Daniela Bobeva.
On Friday the OECD officials will meet with representatives of the Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Labor and Social Policy, the State Agency for Refugees, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health, responsible for different aspects of the refugee integration process.
The program provides visiting the Integration Center at the State Agency for Refugees, as well as a meeting with representatives of international organizations and the most active non-governmental organizations which are involved in the refugee integration.
The OECD experts are expected to provide recommendation and guidance regarding the institutional framework, legislation and policy on refugee integration.
The innitial visit will establish a long term cooperation with the OECD on issues of migration and refugee integration, the government's press office concluded.
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…
- » Minister of EC Presidency Pavlova: We will Investigate the Spending of EU Funds