Bulgarian Ultranationalist Ataka to Protest outside US Embassy, Sofia
Bulgaria's nationalist party Ataka will stage a protest outside the US Embassy in Sofia, Friday, to honor the victims of the Allied bombing raid which occurred on January 10, 1944.
The protest is planned to begin at 12 pm, Bulgarian Focus news informed.
Ataka will demand the removal of the controversial monument of the American pilots who died in the bombings of Sofia during World War II.
"The monument is humiliating for Bulgaria," the ultranationalists claimed.
The protest comes only a few days after Volen SIderov, leader of Ataka, verbally assaulted a French cultural attaché during a Sofia-Varna flight and later attacked a passenger and a police officer in a Varna airport shuttle bus.
- » Bulgarian FM Mitov to Meet German Counterpart Steinmeier on Berlin Visit
- » Bulgaria President: It Is Better to Have Economic Crisis than Historic Shame
- » President to Attend Holocaust Remembrance Ceremonies in Poland, Czech Republic
- » Two Bulgarian Nationals Arrested in Libya for Alleged Smuggling
- » Bulgaria, Switzerland Shake Hands on Cooperation Agreement Worth CHF 76 M
- » Bulgaria Continues to Back Russia Sanctions despite Disadvantages for Exporters