Bulgarian Ultranationalist Ataka to Protest outside US Embassy, Sofia
Bulgaria's nationalist party Ataka will stage a protest outside the US Embassy in Sofia, Friday, to honor the victims of the Allied bombing raid which occurred on January 10, 1944.
The protest is planned to begin at 12 pm, Bulgarian Focus news informed.
Ataka will demand the removal of the controversial monument of the American pilots who died in the bombings of Sofia during World War II.
"The monument is humiliating for Bulgaria," the ultranationalists claimed.
The protest comes only a few days after Volen SIderov, leader of Ataka, verbally assaulted a French cultural attaché during a Sofia-Varna flight and later attacked a passenger and a police officer in a Varna airport shuttle bus.
- » Boyko Borisov Vows Direct Flight Sofia-United Arab Emirates in 2015
- » Hamas, Fatah 'to Form Unity Government'
- » Atanas Paparizov Elected Head of Bulgaria's Permanent Mission to WTO
- » Bulgaria's President to Attend Double Canonization at the Vatican
- » President Plevneliev, Vice-President Biden Discuss Ukraine
- » Ukraine, EU, Russia, US Strike Deal in Geneva