Bulgarian Ultranationalist Ataka to Protest outside US Embassy, Sofia
Bulgaria's nationalist party Ataka will stage a protest outside the US Embassy in Sofia, Friday, to honor the victims of the Allied bombing raid which occurred on January 10, 1944.
The protest is planned to begin at 12 pm, Bulgarian Focus news informed.
Ataka will demand the removal of the controversial monument of the American pilots who died in the bombings of Sofia during World War II.
"The monument is humiliating for Bulgaria," the ultranationalists claimed.
The protest comes only a few days after Volen SIderov, leader of Ataka, verbally assaulted a French cultural attaché during a Sofia-Varna flight and later attacked a passenger and a police officer in a Varna airport shuttle bus.
- » Bulgaria Counts on Austria's Support for Schengen Bid - PM
- » Bulgaria, Austria Back South Stream Project Compliant With EU Law
- » Austria's President Heinz Fischer To Visit Bulgaria
- » Kosovo President Receives Bulgaria's Ambassador for Farewell Visit
- » Bulgaria’s President to Attend 10th Asia-Europe Meeting in Milan
- » Government Dismisses Bulgaria's Honorary Consul In Ukraine