Brazen Armed Bank Robbery Reported in Sofia
A bank branch has been robbed early Friday morning in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, reported the press office of the Interior Ministry.
The call has been received around 6 am on the emergency 112 hotline. According to it, there was an armed robbery near the ER hospital "Pirogov."
The exact stolen amount is unknown. The police are currently inspecting the premises.
According to unconfirmed information, the thieves were three men in dark clothes. They were armed and were moving around in a black SUV, bTV reported. Once inside the bank, they disarmed the two guards and took a bag whose contents are not known.
There is heavy police presence at the scene.
- » Officials Detained at Bulgaria's Fisheries Agency in EU Funds Misuse Probe
- » Smuggling Ring Uncovered in Bulgaria as Truck Runs Out of Fuel
- » Last-Instance Court to Sit on Bulgarian Ex Spy Chief's 10-Year Sentence
- » Bulgaria Handed over 72 Turkish Nationals in 2016
- » Bulgarian Border Police Officers Taken into Custody amid Corruption Charges
- » Arrested Syrian Albakir Planned To Attack Berlin Airport