Brazen Armed Bank Robbery Reported in Sofia
A bank branch has been robbed early Friday morning in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, reported the press office of the Interior Ministry.
The call has been received around 6 am on the emergency 112 hotline. According to it, there was an armed robbery near the ER hospital "Pirogov."
The exact stolen amount is unknown. The police are currently inspecting the premises.
According to unconfirmed information, the thieves were three men in dark clothes. They were armed and were moving around in a black SUV, bTV reported. Once inside the bank, they disarmed the two guards and took a bag whose contents are not known.
There is heavy police presence at the scene.
- » Police in Brussels Intercept Ecstasy Import Scheme from Bulgaria
- » Ex Bulgarian Public Official Gets 2 Years in Jail for Leaking Wiretapping Data
- » Bulgarian Court Increases Prison Sentence of Pazardzhik Imam over Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking