Brazen Armed Bank Robbery Reported in Sofia
A bank branch has been robbed early Friday morning in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, reported the press office of the Interior Ministry.
The call has been received around 6 am on the emergency 112 hotline. According to it, there was an armed robbery near the ER hospital "Pirogov."
The exact stolen amount is unknown. The police are currently inspecting the premises.
According to unconfirmed information, the thieves were three men in dark clothes. They were armed and were moving around in a black SUV, bTV reported. Once inside the bank, they disarmed the two guards and took a bag whose contents are not known.
There is heavy police presence at the scene.
- » Minister Valentin Radev: Burgas Has Highest Criminality
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna