Brazen Armed Bank Robbery Reported in Sofia
A bank branch has been robbed early Friday morning in the Bulgarian capital Sofia, reported the press office of the Interior Ministry.
The call has been received around 6 am on the emergency 112 hotline. According to it, there was an armed robbery near the ER hospital "Pirogov."
The exact stolen amount is unknown. The police are currently inspecting the premises.
According to unconfirmed information, the thieves were three men in dark clothes. They were armed and were moving around in a black SUV, bTV reported. Once inside the bank, they disarmed the two guards and took a bag whose contents are not known.
There is heavy police presence at the scene.
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Crime Group Making Fake Identity Documents
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Illegal Distillery in Monastery in Pomorie
- » IntMin: 424 Organised Crime Groups Operate in Bulgaria
- » Armed Robbery of Office Takes Place in Sofia
- » Bulgaria’s Top Prosecutor Asks for More Staff at Border to Cope with Migration Pressure
- » Turkey Demands Extradition of Terror Suspect Detained in Bulgaria