Bulgarian Nationalist Chief's Immunity Featured on Gambling Site
The question whether ultranationalist leader of Ataka party Volen Siderov will give up his immunity on his own not only intrigues Bulgaria, but is also featured on an online gambling site.
Late on Monday, Siderov verbally assaulted a French cultural attach? during a Sofia-Varna flight and later attacked a passenger and a police officer in a Varna airport shuttle bus. This prompted Chief Prosecutor, Sotir Tsatasarov, to ask his immunity as Member of the Parliament.
The Bulgarian Standard daily reports that according to the undislosed site, the most likely scenario is that the Parliament votes " for" waiving Siderov's immunity. Bets for this option are accepted with a coeficient of only 1.2 , i.e. if one bets BGN 1, this person will get BGN 1.2.
The option where the Parliament will reject the prosecution's request is evaluated by a coeficient of 2 .
The most unlikely scenario is Siderov giving up immunity on his own. Such bets have a coeficient of 5 . The site, however, has not included an option where the Speaker of the Parliament, Mihail Mikov, will waive the immunity of the MP on his sole discretion as the law provides, because the lawmakers are still on holiday break.
Bets are accepted until the end of the month. However, the answer is likely to be known pretty soon.
- » Bulgarian Citizen was Repeatedly Ran Over on a Highway in the UK
- » A Powerful Earthquake in Mexico (Video)
- » Watch the Documentary Movie For Dobri Dobrev - a Bulgarian Man Known For His Extreme Generosity
- » Interview with Rebecca Sommer About Muslim Immigrants in Germany
- » The Bulgarian Telegraph Agency Celebrates its 120th Birthday
- » Avalanche Killed Three Skiers in the French Pyrenees