2 Politicians' SUVs Set on Fire in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
Two vehicles, belonging to politicians, have burned out overnight in Bulgaria's second largest city of Plovdiv.
The two SUVs, a "Mercedes" and a "Toyota," belong to the Member of the Parliament from the opposition and formerly-ruling centrist Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party (GERB), Antoniy Yordanov and his wife Tatyana Yordanova, who is a municipal councilor in Plovdiv, the Bulgarian news agency BGNES reported Thursday.
No people were injured in the incident.
The fire was quickly extinguished by fire department officials. Police officers from the Second Plovdiv Police Pricinct continue the investigation in the cause of fire.
According to the fire department, the vehicles were seriously damaged, but not completely destroyed.
- » Night/Plovdiv to Feature Dozens of Events on September 23-24
- » Bulgaria Granted Humanitarian Status to Ansbach Attacker in 2013
- » Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson to Open Plovdiv Salon of Arts in September
- » Motorway Crash Injures 21 Migrants in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Court Releases Migrant Hunter on Bail
- » New Sofia Metro Station Opens, Adding 15 000 Passengers