2 Politicians' SUVs Set on Fire in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
Two vehicles, belonging to politicians, have burned out overnight in Bulgaria's second largest city of Plovdiv.
The two SUVs, a "Mercedes" and a "Toyota," belong to the Member of the Parliament from the opposition and formerly-ruling centrist Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party (GERB), Antoniy Yordanov and his wife Tatyana Yordanova, who is a municipal councilor in Plovdiv, the Bulgarian news agency BGNES reported Thursday.
No people were injured in the incident.
The fire was quickly extinguished by fire department officials. Police officers from the Second Plovdiv Police Pricinct continue the investigation in the cause of fire.
According to the fire department, the vehicles were seriously damaged, but not completely destroyed.
- » Protests Continue over Beating Incident in Bulgaria's Radnevo
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Seek Permanent Detention for Four Men over Radnevo Beating
- » Protesters Clash with Police Near Roma Areas of Bulgaria's Radnevo
- » Sofia Science Festival to Feature Rosetta Mission's Chief Scientist
- » Heavy Rain, Expected in Bulgaria on Tuesday, Hail Possible
- » Bulgarian Faithful Hold Easter Procession with 'Virgin Mary Icon'