2 Politicians' SUVs Set on Fire in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
Two vehicles, belonging to politicians, have burned out overnight in Bulgaria's second largest city of Plovdiv.
The two SUVs, a "Mercedes" and a "Toyota," belong to the Member of the Parliament from the opposition and formerly-ruling centrist Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party (GERB), Antoniy Yordanov and his wife Tatyana Yordanova, who is a municipal councilor in Plovdiv, the Bulgarian news agency BGNES reported Thursday.
No people were injured in the incident.
The fire was quickly extinguished by fire department officials. Police officers from the Second Plovdiv Police Pricinct continue the investigation in the cause of fire.
According to the fire department, the vehicles were seriously damaged, but not completely destroyed.
- » Bulgarian Parliament Scraps 'Long Weekends'
- » Bulgaria Adopts Hefty Fine for Speeding
- » Northern Lights Film Festival Begins in Sofia on Wednesday
- » Bulgarian Students' Disturbing PISA Results Show Need for New Teaching Methods
- » Bulgaria's Koprivshtitsa Festival Added to UNESCO Heritage List
- » Sofia Hosts 3rd Global Summit for Preemies