2 Politicians' SUVs Set on Fire in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
Two vehicles, belonging to politicians, have burned out overnight in Bulgaria's second largest city of Plovdiv.
The two SUVs, a "Mercedes" and a "Toyota," belong to the Member of the Parliament from the opposition and formerly-ruling centrist Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party (GERB), Antoniy Yordanov and his wife Tatyana Yordanova, who is a municipal councilor in Plovdiv, the Bulgarian news agency BGNES reported Thursday.
No people were injured in the incident.
The fire was quickly extinguished by fire department officials. Police officers from the Second Plovdiv Police Pricinct continue the investigation in the cause of fire.
According to the fire department, the vehicles were seriously damaged, but not completely destroyed.
- » Lift Set on Fire Hours Before Start of Bansko Ski World Cup
- » Subway Section to Sofia Airport to be Launched in early April
- » 600 000 People in Bulgaria are Working Poor – Trade Union
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers to Bring Scottish Rhythm to Bulgaria in Unconventional Performance
- » Loose Hose on Gas Cyllinder Sends People in Hospital
- » Judas Priest To Hit Sofia in June