2 Politicians' SUVs Set on Fire in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
Two vehicles, belonging to politicians, have burned out overnight in Bulgaria's second largest city of Plovdiv.
The two SUVs, a "Mercedes" and a "Toyota," belong to the Member of the Parliament from the opposition and formerly-ruling centrist Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party (GERB), Antoniy Yordanov and his wife Tatyana Yordanova, who is a municipal councilor in Plovdiv, the Bulgarian news agency BGNES reported Thursday.
No people were injured in the incident.
The fire was quickly extinguished by fire department officials. Police officers from the Second Plovdiv Police Pricinct continue the investigation in the cause of fire.
According to the fire department, the vehicles were seriously damaged, but not completely destroyed.
- » Today Is European 'No Elevators Day'
- » Mostly Sunny Today, Maximum Temperatures Between 20°C and 25°C
- » Bulgaria Ranks Lowest Among All EU Countries in Reporters Without Borders’ World Press Freedom Index
- » Employment Rate in Bulgaria Going Up
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped