2 Politicians' SUVs Set on Fire in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
Two vehicles, belonging to politicians, have burned out overnight in Bulgaria's second largest city of Plovdiv.
The two SUVs, a "Mercedes" and a "Toyota," belong to the Member of the Parliament from the opposition and formerly-ruling centrist Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party (GERB), Antoniy Yordanov and his wife Tatyana Yordanova, who is a municipal councilor in Plovdiv, the Bulgarian news agency BGNES reported Thursday.
No people were injured in the incident.
The fire was quickly extinguished by fire department officials. Police officers from the Second Plovdiv Police Pricinct continue the investigation in the cause of fire.
According to the fire department, the vehicles were seriously damaged, but not completely destroyed.
- » Bulgarian Helicopter Crew Remains Captured in Sudan
- » Sofia Hosts Future Shorts Festival in February
- » Cost of Living in Bulgaria Drops for First Time in 25 Years – Trade Union
- » International Media Pay Tribute to Late Bulgarian President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria Declares Day of Mourning for Late Ex-President Zhelyu Zhelev
- » Bulgaria's Former President Zhelyu Zhelev Dies