Bulgarian Businesses Pay Record Taxes in 2013
Bulgarian businesses have paid record taxes at the end of 2013 surpassing the revenue expectations.
"This is a clear sign that Bulgaria is experiencing economic growth," Minister of Economy and Energy Dragomir Stoynev argued for Bulgarian BGNES agency.
"At the end of 2013 the business received a total of BGN 542 M VAT refunds. In 2012, the amount of returned VAT was BGN 300 M less," Stoynev added.
Reported investments since June amount to BGN 496 M. Another BGN 100 M investment is expected, as well as new job openings.
"Bulgarian business has received BGN 2.5 B since May. We insist on having exact relations with the businesses and we are glad that these are mutual," Minister Stoynev said.
According to Stoynev, the economic growth in 2014 will exceed 2% and the negative trend in unemployment will not continue.
Having announced stabilization and diversification as the key priorities in the energy sector, Stoynev denied the media speculations that the Bulgarian Energy Holding (BEH) will be divided into three separate companies.
- » Putin: Russia Still Interested in Building Pipelines to Europe
- » Moody's Upgrades Bulgarian Energy Holding's Rating
- » Russian Gas Pipeline To Greece Might Pass Through Bulgaria - Alexander Novak
- » Online Store to Appeal Fine Imposed by Bulgaria's Competition Regulator
- » Bulgaria's Competition Watchdog Fines Online Store Owner
- » Arrivals of Foreign Visitors to Bulgaria Up in April