Bulgarian Stock Exchange Boasts 76% Turnover Increase in 2013
The turnover of the Bulgarian Stock Exchange has increased by over 76 % in 2013, amounting to BGN 1.5 B more than 2012.
The date was released Thursday by the management of the Exchange.
The financial institution also reported about 20 000 more transactions in 2013, compared to the previous year, as well as the highest growth of the SOFIX index in the region.
"All this speaks about the revival of the market and gives grounds to expect an even better year," predicted Vasil Golemanski from the Exchange during the traditional award ceremony for the most successful investment firms that have achieved the highest results last year.
The awards are given in three categories - the largest number of transactions, the highest turnover and the highest contribution to the development of the capital market.
The event was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Finance, the Financial Supervision Commission and the investment community.
- » Time for Bulgaria to Join Euro Waiting Room - C-Bank Governor
- » Fitch Affirms Bulgaria's BBB- Rating
- » S&P Confirms 'Junk' Status of Bulgaria
- » European Parliament Approves EU Budget for 2017
- » BSP Threatens To Refer Budget 2017 to Constitutional Court
- » Annual Subsidy for Bulgarian Parties To Remain BGN 11 Per Valid Vote