Bulgarian Stock Exchange Boasts 76% Turnover Increase in 2013
The turnover of the Bulgarian Stock Exchange has increased by over 76 % in 2013, amounting to BGN 1.5 B more than 2012.
The date was released Thursday by the management of the Exchange.
The financial institution also reported about 20 000 more transactions in 2013, compared to the previous year, as well as the highest growth of the SOFIX index in the region.
"All this speaks about the revival of the market and gives grounds to expect an even better year," predicted Vasil Golemanski from the Exchange during the traditional award ceremony for the most successful investment firms that have achieved the highest results last year.
The awards are given in three categories - the largest number of transactions, the highest turnover and the highest contribution to the development of the capital market.
The event was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Finance, the Financial Supervision Commission and the investment community.
- » Over 1/4 of Greeks Indebted, Outstanding Loans Valued at EUR 67 B
- » Oman Fund 'Drafting Plan for Bulgaria's Corporate Commercial Bank'
- » 74% of Bulgarians Disagree That KTB Deposits Must Be Covered in Full
- » Greeks 'Should Withdraw Deposits from Foreign Banks' - Minister
- » Bulgarian Development Bank's New Executive Board Assumes Office
- » Oman State Fund 'Could Save Bulgaria's CorpBank' - FinMin