Bulgaria’s Pironkova Eager for Final
Bulgaria's top female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova says she cannot wait to go out on the court for the final of the tournament in Sydney.
Pironkova, ranked 107th in the world, reached her first ever WTA final, after defeating Czech Petra Kvitova 6:4, 6:3 in the semifinal.
"I'm trying to stay firm on the ground and concentrate for the next match, which will be the most important one. I can't wait", said the exhilarated Pironkova after her last win.
In the final, she will face German Angelique Kerber, ranked 9th.
"She is certainly a very serious opponent. I know her style, and I know what to expect. When you go out on the court, the most important thing is to focus on the moment and forget all the previous matches", added the Bulgarian.
Pironkova is making an astonishing comeback, after a very difficult 2013, in which she dropped considerably down the rankings.
- » Sofia, Varna To Co-Host Volleyball European Championship 2015 With 2 Italian Cities
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Keeps Chances of Continuing in Europe
- » Liverpool - Ludogorets Champions League Match in Sofia Ends 2:2
- » Liverpool - Ludogorets 2:1 in First Half
- » Ludogorets, Liverpool Face Off in Decisive Encounter
- » Klitschko's Promotion Agency Sues Pulev Over Drug Allegations