Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Kubrat Pulev Triumphs over Simon Peter, Grabbing WBA Boxing Belt
- » Bulgaria's CSKA Pledges Donation to Family of Chapecoense Plane Crash Victim
- » Bulgaria's Pulev to Face Samuel Peter for WBA Boxing Title on Saturday
- » Sofia to Host European Homeless Cup Next Year
- » Former Bayern Munich President Gets Re-elected
- » Bulgaria's Football Team Progresses in FIFA Rankings