Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Reaches Champions League Group Stage
- » Bulgarian rhythmic Gymnastics Captain: We played like lions
- » Bulgaria with Bronze Medal after Impressive Performance in Rio Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Dimitrov defeated by Cilic at Cincinnati Masters
- » Mirela Demireva Brings Home Silver Medal for Bulgaria in Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Nevyana Vladinova Scores 7th in first ever Olympic Finals