Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Bulgarian Appointed as Coach of Maldives National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round