Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Beats Verdasco in First China Open Match
- » Bulgaria’s Women’s Volleyball Team Defeats Canada at World Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Eyes ATP Finals in London This Season
- » Bulgaria Wins Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Championship
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Starts China Open with Victory
- » First Official Soapbox Competition To Take Place In Bulgaria