Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Legendary Martin Petrov to Retire in Summer
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach