Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium
- » Bulgaria Defeats Hungary, Latvia in Fed Cup
- » Bulgaria Drops to 75th Place in FIFA Ranking
- » Germany's Lothar Matthaus to Come to Sofia for Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » ATP: Hard Work Behind Sofia Open Starting to Pay off