Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Bulgaria’s Stiliyan Petrov Plays Charity Match for Leukemia
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beats Haase in Indian Wells
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match