Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » World Ski Cup Race in Bulgaria's Bansko Cancelled over Heavy Fog
- » Bulgaria's Litex Sells Colombian Striker for EUR 1.6 M to Chinese Team
- » Bad Weather Postpones Super Giant Slalom in Bulgaria's Bansko
- » Bulgaria's Karatancheva Qualifies for Acapulco Semifinals
- » Bulgaria's Bansko Bans Operating Drones During Ski World Cup
- » Bulgarian Striker Dimitar Berbatov Scores for Monaco's Convincing Win