Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » 2015 Men's Volleyball European Championship Begins in Bulgaria, Italy
- » Bulgaria to Host ATP 250 Tournament in Sofia in February 2016
- » Sofia City Court Upholds Insolvency of CSKA Football Club
- » Bulgaria Drops Ten Positions to 78th Place in FIFA Ranking
- » Bulgarian Becomes First Vegan to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World
- » Boyan Petrov Becomes First Bulgarian to Ascend Eighth Highest Peak in World