Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Hard win for Bulgarian volleyball team after five-set battle
- » Expected loss for Bulgaria from Brazil
- » World Famous Footballers Arrive in Sofia for All Stars 2017 Charity Match
- » Bulgaria Scores Prestigious Victory Against Olympix Champion Brazil in World Volleyball League
- » Bulgarian Children Who Overcame Cancer Won 17 Medals at Athletic Event in Moscow
- » Ivet Lalova-Collio Places 4th in Marseilles