Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Decides to Change Coach
- » Bulgaria Loses to Argentina in Last Volleyball World League Match
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Third Round of Wimbledon
- » Bulgaria to Have Nine Representatives in UEFA Committees
- » Bulgaria's Rising Basketball Star Vezenkov Reportedly Joins Barcelona
- » Bulgaria's Beroe Wins, Litex Draws in First Qualifying Round of Europa League