Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Moves into 3rd Round of Wimbledon Tournament
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Ousted in First Round of Wimbledon
- » CSKA Sofia Returns to Bulgaria's Top Football Division
- » Bulgarian Defender Ivan Ivanov joins Greece’s Football Club Panathinaikos
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Makes It Past Wimbledon's 1st Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Starts in Wimbledon on Monday