Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgarian Elected as Vice President of European Athletics
- » Bulgaria Climbs Four Positions in FIFA World Ranking
- » Bulgarian Olympic Committee Adopts BGN 3.45 M Budget for 2015
- » CSKA Sofia Has New Owner after Aleksandar Tomov Withdraws