Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Bulgaria Wins 16 Medals at 2014 Special Olympics European Summer Games
- » Bulgarians Win 12 Medals at World Arm Wrestling Championship in Vilnius
- » Sofia Fails to Become Host City for Euro 2020 Matches
- » Ludogorets Loses 1-2 to Liverpool in Champions League Clash
- » Bulgaria Men's Volleyball Team Loses to Finland
- » Bulgaria Drops Out of Volleyball Men's World Championship after Losing to Germany