Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Poland’s Janowicz in Cincinnati Open
- » Maria Sharapova Tops World's Highest-Paid Female Athletes List Again
- » Tsonga Defeats Bulgaria's Dimitrov at Toronto Masters Semifinals
- » Bulgaria Wins Silver at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Sofia
- » Victorious Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Toronto Masters Semifinals
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Face Kevin Anderson in ATP Masters Tonight