Bulgaria's Pironkova Beats Kvitova, Reaches Sydney Final
Bulgarian women's tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova beat Czech Petra Kvitova 2:0 sets, making it to the Sydney International final.
The Bulgarian, who is WTA ranked 107th, made a convincing game, beating the former No. 6 and current No. 6 with 6:4 and 6:3, after 1 h and 22 min of playing.
In the final, Pironkova will face the winner of a fixture between Germany's Angelique Kerber and American Madison Keys.
This will be the first final of a major tournament for Pironkova.
- » Stoevi Sisters With Silver Medal at European Badminton Championship in Denmark
- » Neviana Vladinova Wins Gold Medal at World Cup in Rhythmic Gymnastics in Baku
- » Arthur Albiston Awards Winners in Veliko Tarnovo Children’s Football Tournament
- » All-Around Bronze For Gymnast Neviana Vladinova in Baku World Cup
- » Kubrat Pulev Beats American Rival, Eyes World Title
- » Bulgarian Dunekova Proves She Did Not Use Doping