Serbian Deputy PM Visits Kosovo Serbs, Praises Negotiations
Serbia's Deputy Prime Minister called for peaceful negotiations with Kosovo Albanians in order to resolve the issues between the two nations.
Aleksandar Vucic visited ethnic Serbs in Kosovo on Tuesday, for the Orthodox Christmas.
"I do not know what is better than talks and negotiations, no matter how difficult they may be, no matter how painful they may be for both of us", Vucic said after attending a Christmas day liturgy in the Serbian Orthodox monastery of Gracanica in Kosovo, reports Balkaninsight.
However, Vucic criticised a call by the Kosovo President, Atifete Jahjaga, for the EU law and order mission, EULEX, to withdraw from Kosovo.
He said EULEX needed to remain in Kosovo, to keep the peace and promote understanding between Serbs and Kosovo Albanians.
- » Boyko Borisov will Meet with Prime Minister of Norway Erna Solberg
- » Bulgarian PM: With Teresa May, We Discussed the Rights of Bulgarians in the UK
- » Putin Stopped by at his "Friend" Erdogan on his Return from the Middle East
- » Head of State Will Take Part in the Summit "One planet", Dedicated to Climate Change
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov Will be on a Working Visit to London Today
- » Putin will Visit Turkey on December 11th