Bulgarian Socialists to Win Most EP Seats – Poll
Polls show that the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) would gain the most seats in the European Parliament elections in May.
The latest survey by the Sova Haris agency predicts 7 MEP seats to the socialists, 5 to the center-right GERB party, 3 to the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), and 1 each for Bulgaria without Censorship and the Reformist Bloc during the vote in May.
"We still have to wait for the campaign, which will affect the decision of some voters. This campaign will be particularly aggressive and based on discrediting opponents", said the sociologist Vasil Tonchev for the Presa daily.
Tonchev believes that despite the efforts of oppositional parties to stage early Parliamentary elections together with the European vote in May, this will most likely not happen.
- » Bulgaria's Defence Minister to Call for Common EU Policy on Tackling Refugee Wave
- » World Bank to Help Bulgaria Improve Absorption of EU Funds
- » Bulgaria Plans to Initiate EU Discussion to Make Anti-IS Strategy More Efficient
- » Workers from Bulgaria, Romania Arriving in Britain Nearly Double in Year to March
- » Bulgarian Farmers Invited to Apply for EU Funding of EUR 50 M for New Equipment
- » Serbian Minister Criticizes Bulgaria for Sending Troops to Macedonian Border