Bulgarian Socialists to Win Most EP Seats – Poll
Polls show that the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) would gain the most seats in the European Parliament elections in May.
The latest survey by the Sova Haris agency predicts 7 MEP seats to the socialists, 5 to the center-right GERB party, 3 to the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), and 1 each for Bulgaria without Censorship and the Reformist Bloc during the vote in May.
"We still have to wait for the campaign, which will affect the decision of some voters. This campaign will be particularly aggressive and based on discrediting opponents", said the sociologist Vasil Tonchev for the Presa daily.
Tonchev believes that despite the efforts of oppositional parties to stage early Parliamentary elections together with the European vote in May, this will most likely not happen.
- » President Radev to Participate in Ceremony Marking 60th Anniversary of the Treaties of Rome
- » Donald Tusk To Visit Bulgaria in April
- » Bulgaria's Govt Approves Position for EU Summit Meeting in Rome
- » EP Adopts Resolution on Bulgarians in Albania
- » Expenses for Bulgaria's EU Presidency To Exceed BGN 50 M for 2017
- » EU To Send Experts to Sofia To Help With Presidency Organisation