Bulgarian Socialists to Win Most EP Seats – Poll
Polls show that the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) would gain the most seats in the European Parliament elections in May.
The latest survey by the Sova Haris agency predicts 7 MEP seats to the socialists, 5 to the center-right GERB party, 3 to the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), and 1 each for Bulgaria without Censorship and the Reformist Bloc during the vote in May.
"We still have to wait for the campaign, which will affect the decision of some voters. This campaign will be particularly aggressive and based on discrediting opponents", said the sociologist Vasil Tonchev for the Presa daily.
Tonchev believes that despite the efforts of oppositional parties to stage early Parliamentary elections together with the European vote in May, this will most likely not happen.
- » Bulgaria Ranks 2nd in Utilisation of EU Funds for SMEs
- » Bulgaria Remains Among 12 Countries Subject to Special Monitoring
- » Interim Govt Not To Nominate Bulgarian EU Commissioner
- » Bulgaria Requests Opening of Voting Sections in 17 German Cities
- » President Radev, PM Gerdzhikov To Discuss EU Commissioner Nomination
- » Bulgaria Govt Sending Mixed Signals about Next EU Commissioner Pick