Bulgarian Socialists to Win Most EP Seats – Poll
Polls show that the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) would gain the most seats in the European Parliament elections in May.
The latest survey by the Sova Haris agency predicts 7 MEP seats to the socialists, 5 to the center-right GERB party, 3 to the ethnic Turkish Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), and 1 each for Bulgaria without Censorship and the Reformist Bloc during the vote in May.
"We still have to wait for the campaign, which will affect the decision of some voters. This campaign will be particularly aggressive and based on discrediting opponents", said the sociologist Vasil Tonchev for the Presa daily.
Tonchev believes that despite the efforts of oppositional parties to stage early Parliamentary elections together with the European vote in May, this will most likely not happen.
- » Bulgaria 'EU's Biggest Recipient' in 2014-2020 Programs
- » EU To Cover 6% Of Flood Damages In Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Faces Loss of Up To EUR 97 M in EU Funding for Agriculture
- » EU Unlikely to Welcome New Member States in Foreseeable Future – Johannes Hahn
- » Bulgaria Falls Into Bottom Group of EC's Competitiveness Ranking
- » EU Payments May Restart In November