Bulgarian Ultranationalist Claims He Didn't Hit Policeman
Bulgarian ultranationalist MP Volen Siderov has once again claimed that the latest scandal he was involved in was the result of a “plot” against him.
Late on Monday, Siderov verbally assaulted a French cultural attach? during a Sofia-Varna flight and later attacked a passenger and a police officer in a Varna airport shuttle bus. As a result, Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov asked that ultranationalist be stripped of his MP immunity.
Addressing a small crowd of supporters on Wednesday, Siderov protested his innocence, claiming that he did not hit a police officer – but was in fact “hit by police.”
The leader of the extremist Ataka party further stated that there was a plot him organized by a number of political parties and “the corrupt media.”
“I just learned that the Chief Prosecutor wants my immunity. The foreign embassies are celebrating now. The American embassy, the Turkish embassy…But we will not be stopped by some faggots,” Siderov said.
“Ataka! Victory! Do not rejoice, parrots! Do not rejoice, cockroaches!” he added, apparently referring to his enemies.
He also stated that the Chief Prosecutor’s Office has been pressured to act against him by famed US investor George Soros.
Siderov’s anti-Western party holds 23 seats in the Bulgarian parliament and has so-far provided key support for the country minority Socialist-led government.
- » Tsvetan Tsvetanov: 'It is Possible for Bulgaria to Become Part of the Schengen Area After a Successful Presidency of the EU Council
- » Number of Refugees in Bulgaria has Decreased Significantly
- » President Rumen Radev: Only E-government Will Meet Public Expectations For Effectiveness, Transparency and Control'
- » National Theater ''Ivan Vazov'' To Be Renovated
- » President Radev: ‘Bulgaria Must Have Long-Term Security Strategy’
- » Bulgaria is Making Positive and Confident Steps Towards the Fulfillment of Almost All Recommendations under the Mechanism for Cooperation and Verification
I believe Mr Siderov. At Manchester Airport I was accused of assaulting a Special Branch Officer. When my solicitor, on my instructions, asked for footage of CCTV he was told it was out of order and the assault charge was dropped. Why? I think it would have shown that I, a disabled man was assaulted by the liberal/left cop and he would have lost his job!