Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Joe Biden to Try Talking Turkey's Erdogan into Fighting IS
- » Obama Congratulates Borisov on Re-election as Bulgarian PM
- » Irina Bokova Is Likely Nominee For UN Head – French Media
- » Bulgaria Concerned over Escalating Jerusalem Tensions
- » Presidents of Bulgaria, Poland Back EU Energy Union
- » Bulgaria Condemns Jerusalem Synagogue Attack