Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Russia Had Nothing To Do With Georgieva's Nomination For UN Secretary General
- » UN Top Job: Bulgaria Dropped Bokova Partly 'at Urge of Berlin' - FT
- » Bulgaria's PM, UK DefMin Discuss Migrant Readmission Agreements
- » UN System Is Broken, Not Broke, Georgieva Tells Politico
- » Bulgaria's FM Calls on Bokova to Leave UN Race
- » Families of Russian Deputy PM, Deputies Own Real Estate on Bulgarian Sea Coast