Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Bulgaria Completes 'Successful' Chairmanship of CoE's Committee of Ministers
- » Bulgaria to Help Albania in EU Integration
- » Politico: Bulgaria's Georgieva 'Possible Late Entry Candidate' for UN Top Job
- » Bulgaria Puts Focus on Protecting Media Freedom as Chair of CoE Committee of Ministers
- » Bulgaria's President to Be Received By Pope Francis
- » Energy Cooperation in Focus of Bulgarian Foreign Minister’s Visit to Azerbaijan