Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Bulgaria's FM to Discuss Migration on Croatia Visit
- » Bulgaria to Hold Last Event as SEE Cooperation Chair on June 01
- » Daniel Mitov Discussing Migration, EU-Turkey Deal with EP’s Elmar Brok
- » Bulgaria President: 'National Effort' Needed for Bokova's UN Top Job Campaign
- » Bulgaria, Cyprus to Jointly Combat Artifacts Trafficking
- » Irina Bokova Dismisses Allegations of Mismanagement in UNESCO - AFP