Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Bulgarian PM: 'The Fight Against Cybersecurity Requires More Attention From the EC'
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: 'The Treaty Between Bulgaria and Macedonia Opens a New Page'
- » Government to Consider Friendship Treaty with Macedonia Next Week
- » Donald Trump Appointed John Huntsman for Ambassador in Russia
- » Ambassadors and Cabinet Ministers to Discuss Bulgaria’s Presidency of the Council of the EU
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borissov Talked on the Phone with Qatar Premier