Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Bulgaria, Croatia Call for Speeding Up Reform in EU Accession Countries
- » Russia, Turkey To Sign Medium-Term Cooperation Programme
- » US Embassy: Bulgaria Still Does Not Fulfill Criteria for Visa-Free Regime
- » Bulgaria Needs Access to Schengen Database - President
- » Bulgaria's President Leading Delegation to Germany
- » Russophiles-Russophobes Divide in Bulgaria 'Artificial' - FM