Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Ukraine, EU, Russia, US Strike Deal in Geneva
- » Ukraine, EU, Russia, US to Meet in Geneva
- » Bulgaria's President Accuses Russia of Destabilizing Ukraine
- » EU Approves EUR 1 B Aid Package to Ukraine
- » Ex-FM Solomon Passy: Bulgaria Is Only a Trojan Pawn of Russia
- » UNSC Fails to Agree on Ukraine amid Renewed Clashes