Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Jonathan Allen to Become Director of National Security at UK Foreign Office
- » Bulgarian FM Responds to Medvedev, Points to Struggling Russian Economy
- » Bulgaria's Borisov, Germany's Merkel to Discuss South Stream, EU Funds
- » US Embassy: Corruption in Bulgaria Has Reached Crisis Level
- » Greece 'Counting on TAP, Southern Energy Corridor'
- » John Baird: Canada Is Preparing To Lift Visas for EU Citizens