Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » President: Signing of EU-Mercosur Agreement to Have Great Benefits for Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Nomination for UN Secretary-General to be Announced by End of March
- » Bulgarian PM Meets UN Secretary-General, US State Secretary in London
- » President Plevneliev Meets Bulgarian Community on Argentina Visit
- » Bulgaria to Provide EUR 150 000 in Refugee Aid
- » Bulgarian PM to Take Part in Int'l Conference on Syria