Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Premiers of Bulgaria and Turkey Discuss Situation in Balkans
- » Vladimir Putin And Boyko Borisov Discuss Bilateral Relations on a Telephone Conversation
- » Vice President Yotova Participates in Azerbaijan-Held World Forum
- » Minister Zaharieva Promises Balanced Foreign Policy
- » Turkey's Erdogan To Meet Trump at White House in Mid-May
- » Ministry of Interior: There is an Increased Risk of Terrorist Activity in Europe, but No Specific Treat to Bulgaria