Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Ukraine Snubs Discrimination at Summer Camp in Bulgarian Resort
- » Ambassador Hensel: Poland Is Keeping Close Watch on Ukraine
- » Racho Ribarov Appointed Honorary Consul of Lithuania to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Defense Min Vows Support for Macedonia's EU, NATO Bids
- » Macedonian Defense Minister Pays Official Visit to Bulgaria
- » Germany's Ambassador to Czech Republic 'to Head Bulgarian Mission'