Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Ex US Ambassador to Bulgaria Quits as OSCE Envoy, Moves to Russian Law Firm
- » Bulgaria, 15 Other Countries To Seek New Deal on Arms Control With Russia
- » Bulgaria's President Starts Moldova Visit Tuesday
- » US Embassy 'Looks Forward to Working with Rumen Radev'
- » Putin Congratulates Bulgaria's Rumen Radev on Presidential Election Win
- » Bulgaria's PM Congratulates Donald Trump on Election Victory