Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Bulgaria, China to Boost Cooperation in Education
- » PM: Bulgaria Could Play Important Role in Improving Europe-China Connectivity
- » Bulgaria Interested in ‘Fast De-escalation’ of Russia-Turkey Tensions
- » Bulgarian Ambassador in Ankara: Worsened Russia-Turkey Ties Could Increase Refugee Wave
- » Bulgaria 'Ready to Help France' for Quick Solution of Syria Crisis
- » Russia Urges Bulgaria to Refrain from 'Ill-Grounded' Claims