Bulgaria to Re-open Consulate in Milan
Bulgaria has decided to re-open its Consulate General in Milan, which was closed down in 2012.
The new consulate will cover the regions of Lombardia, Piemonte, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Liguria, Val d'Aosta, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Trentino-Alto Adige, Toscana, Umbria, and Marche.
The Bulgarian Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin said the decision was made on the basis of the high number of Bulgarians living in the region, as well as the country's decision to participate in the 2015 EXPO in Milan, reports Standartnews.
There are approximately 30 000 Bulgarians living in and around Milan.
- » Turkey: EU Criticisms Have No Value for Us
- » EU, NATO Warn Turkey Against Escalation of Tension
- » Bulgarian MEP, French Ambassador in Spat over Remarks
- » Bulgaria's Election Body Bans Campaign Video Showing Turkish Ambassador
- » Bulgaria Summons Turkish Ambassador over Minister's Campaigning
- » Bulgaria's Ex US Ambassador Says Her Name Involved in Disinformation Scandal