Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Nishikori at Kooyong Classic
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov lost to Japan’s Kei Nishikori in the first round of the Kooyong Classic on Wednesday.
Nishikori beat Dimitrov 7-6 (7/5), 6-4 to earn his second victory in two games over the Bulgarian.
The world No. 17 earned a 5-1 lead on Dimitrov's double-fault in the first set but needed four set points to seal the opener as Dimitrov put a return wide.
The second set was more straightforward, with Nishikori breaking in the third game to keep his nose ahead all the way to victory in 74 minutes.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Proceeds to 3rd Round of Toronto Masters
- » Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics