Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Nishikori at Kooyong Classic
Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov lost to Japan’s Kei Nishikori in the first round of the Kooyong Classic on Wednesday.
Nishikori beat Dimitrov 7-6 (7/5), 6-4 to earn his second victory in two games over the Bulgarian.
The world No. 17 earned a 5-1 lead on Dimitrov's double-fault in the first set but needed four set points to seal the opener as Dimitrov put a return wide.
The second set was more straightforward, with Nishikori breaking in the third game to keep his nose ahead all the way to victory in 74 minutes.
- » Bulgaria’s Zhekova Wins Bronze in Snowboard WC Event
- » Bulgaria’s Stiliyan Petrov Plays Charity Match for Leukemia
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Beats Haase in Indian Wells
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells