Bulgaria on Alert over Lasting Fog
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared for the better part of Bulgaria Wednesday, over the thick fog that is expected to linger on.
Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology has placed the alert for all of Bulgaria's regions, excluding Gabrovo, Lovech, Smolyan, and the greater Sofia Region (excluding the metropolitan area of capital Sofia).
Thick fog with strongly reduced visibility is forecasted for the other parts of Bulgaria Wednesday.
Tuesday, the parts of Bulgaria that emerged from the fog got unusually warm highs for January, with thermometers reachin well over 10 degrees Celsius, and two temperature records marked.
Thick fog has been troubling Bulgaria ever since the the middle of last week, with code yellow already declared once Sunday.
- » Expected December Temperatures Around Norm, Snow Likely For Christmas
- » Bulgaria Lacks Official Data On Correlation Air Pollution - Health
- » Bulgarian TPP Carries Highest Pollution Cost in Europe
- » US Braces for New Heavy Snowfall after Storm Leaves Seven Dead
- » 7 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns Of Rising Water Levels In Rivers