Bulgaria on Alert over Lasting Fog
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared for the better part of Bulgaria Wednesday, over the thick fog that is expected to linger on.
Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology has placed the alert for all of Bulgaria's regions, excluding Gabrovo, Lovech, Smolyan, and the greater Sofia Region (excluding the metropolitan area of capital Sofia).
Thick fog with strongly reduced visibility is forecasted for the other parts of Bulgaria Wednesday.
Tuesday, the parts of Bulgaria that emerged from the fog got unusually warm highs for January, with thermometers reachin well over 10 degrees Celsius, and two temperature records marked.
Thick fog has been troubling Bulgaria ever since the the middle of last week, with code yellow already declared once Sunday.
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels
- » Construction Works on Bulgaria's Beach of Coral Will Be Stopped, Official Says
- » Construction Works at Bulgarian Black Sea Coast Campsite Temporarily Stopped
- » Bulgaria to Allocate EU Funding of BGN 115 M to Fighting Air Pollution in Cities
- » Construction Works along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coastline Cause Turmoil
- » Weather: Cloudy and Chilly in April