Bulgaria on Alert over Lasting Fog
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared for the better part of Bulgaria Wednesday, over the thick fog that is expected to linger on.
Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology has placed the alert for all of Bulgaria's regions, excluding Gabrovo, Lovech, Smolyan, and the greater Sofia Region (excluding the metropolitan area of capital Sofia).
Thick fog with strongly reduced visibility is forecasted for the other parts of Bulgaria Wednesday.
Tuesday, the parts of Bulgaria that emerged from the fog got unusually warm highs for January, with thermometers reachin well over 10 degrees Celsius, and two temperature records marked.
Thick fog has been troubling Bulgaria ever since the the middle of last week, with code yellow already declared once Sunday.
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos
- » Farmer Market Fest Showcases Organic Food
- » 3.2-Magnitude Earthquake Registered 80km Away from Smolyan
- » Bulgaria’s Radomir Votes in Referendum on Gold Mining
- » WWF: Global Wildlife Population Dropped by 50% in 40 Years