Bulgaria on Alert over Lasting Fog
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared for the better part of Bulgaria Wednesday, over the thick fog that is expected to linger on.
Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology has placed the alert for all of Bulgaria's regions, excluding Gabrovo, Lovech, Smolyan, and the greater Sofia Region (excluding the metropolitan area of capital Sofia).
Thick fog with strongly reduced visibility is forecasted for the other parts of Bulgaria Wednesday.
Tuesday, the parts of Bulgaria that emerged from the fog got unusually warm highs for January, with thermometers reachin well over 10 degrees Celsius, and two temperature records marked.
Thick fog has been troubling Bulgaria ever since the the middle of last week, with code yellow already declared once Sunday.
- » Thunderstorms, Hail Expected in Western Bulgaria on Monday
- » Bulgaria at risk of losing more money in EU-funded eco projects
- » Temperatures Sharply Go Down across Bulgaria on Friday
- » Wildfire Danger Extends to 16 Bulgarian Regions on Thursday
- » Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms to Hit Bulgaria on Thursday, Friday
- » Half of Bulgaria Under Highest Fire Danger Alert on Tuesday