Bulgaria on Alert over Lasting Fog
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared for the better part of Bulgaria Wednesday, over the thick fog that is expected to linger on.
Bulgaria's National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology has placed the alert for all of Bulgaria's regions, excluding Gabrovo, Lovech, Smolyan, and the greater Sofia Region (excluding the metropolitan area of capital Sofia).
Thick fog with strongly reduced visibility is forecasted for the other parts of Bulgaria Wednesday.
Tuesday, the parts of Bulgaria that emerged from the fog got unusually warm highs for January, with thermometers reachin well over 10 degrees Celsius, and two temperature records marked.
Thick fog has been troubling Bulgaria ever since the the middle of last week, with code yellow already declared once Sunday.
- » 73% of Bulgaria's Bathing Waters Were of Excellent Quality in 2014
- » Minor Earthquake Registered in Black Sea Near Bulgaria's Primorsko
- » Code Yellow Issued in Five Bulgarian Municipalities
- » Sofia Picks Griffon Vulture as Its Ugly Animal Mascot
- » Bulgaria's Stara Zagora Citizens Protest Against Minks Farm Construction
- » Torrential Rains and Hail Expected in Bulgaria