Suspect for Brutal Bulgaria Murder Busted in Netherlands
A suspect for the brutal murder of a young woman in Bulgaria has been arrested upon entering the Netherlands, according to Bulgarian media.
The suspect, 24-year old Bulgarian national Ivan Todorov, is expected to be transferred to his home country in order to face charges.
Todorov is suspected for the murder of 24-year-old Hyuliya Madzhar, whose body was found near the Black Sea city of Varna on Saturday.
The victim’s death was caused by severe blunt force injuries to the head, according to police.
Hyuliya Madzhar was last seen leaving her parents' home on December 31 to attend a New Year's Eve party.
Witnesses allegedly saw Todorov pulling her body out of a car trunk before disappearing with the vehicle.
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24
- » Bulgaria Detains Syrian, Afghan Citizens Citing Security Threat