Powerful Sea Storm Hits European Atlantic Coast
Huge waves driven by strong winds have swept the European Atlantic coast from Ireland to Portugal.
At least one person has gone missing in England, one in the south-west of France, and three in the north-west of Spain, after waves swiped people off the coast.
In Portugese city Porto a wave has engulfed some 20 vehicles and lightly wounded four people, reports Belgian TV channel RTBF.
An alert for 9-meter waves has been called for some areas, with people called not to near the coastline.
The storm, which also drove in with heavy rains, continues Tuesday.
- » Bulgaria to Have Another Sunny Summer Day on Friday
- » Bulgaria, Germany Sign Agreement on Implementing Innovative Environmental Projects
- » Black Sea Coast Nature Conservation Has Overwhelming Support among Bulgarians - Survey
- » Most of Bulgaria under Alert for Hot Weather on Monday
- » 3.1-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Bulgaria’s Petrich
- » Torrential Rain, Overflowing Rivers Flood Houses, Roads Across Bulgaria