Powerful Sea Storm Hits European Atlantic Coast
Huge waves driven by strong winds have swept the European Atlantic coast from Ireland to Portugal.
At least one person has gone missing in England, one in the south-west of France, and three in the north-west of Spain, after waves swiped people off the coast.
In Portugese city Porto a wave has engulfed some 20 vehicles and lightly wounded four people, reports Belgian TV channel RTBF.
An alert for 9-meter waves has been called for some areas, with people called not to near the coastline.
The storm, which also drove in with heavy rains, continues Tuesday.
- » Bulgarian Oak Ranks High in European Tree of Year Contest
- » Bulgaria May Lose Funding Under Two Eco Projects
- » Free Public Transport Options to Be Discussed in Days - Sofia Mayor
- » Bulgaria among World's Most Toxic Countries - Study
- » Bulgaria Braces for New Cold Snap on Tuesday
- » Air Pollution Kills More Than 18 100 in Bulgaria Every Year