Powerful Sea Storm Hits European Atlantic Coast
Huge waves driven by strong winds have swept the European Atlantic coast from Ireland to Portugal.
At least one person has gone missing in England, one in the south-west of France, and three in the north-west of Spain, after waves swiped people off the coast.
In Portugese city Porto a wave has engulfed some 20 vehicles and lightly wounded four people, reports Belgian TV channel RTBF.
An alert for 9-meter waves has been called for some areas, with people called not to near the coastline.
The storm, which also drove in with heavy rains, continues Tuesday.
- » Berkovitsa Dam Overflowing since Monday, No Risk for People – Mayor
- » Environment Ministry Warns Of New Torrential Rains
- » Experts Identify 535 Areas At Risk Of Flooding in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Environment Minister Bans Unconventional Gas Technologies in Dobrudzha
- » Yellow Code Warning Remains in Force on Saturday for 7 Bulgarian Districts
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Environment Minister Bans Construction near Koral Camping