Powerful Sea Storm Hits European Atlantic Coast
Huge waves driven by strong winds have swept the European Atlantic coast from Ireland to Portugal.
At least one person has gone missing in England, one in the south-west of France, and three in the north-west of Spain, after waves swiped people off the coast.
In Portugese city Porto a wave has engulfed some 20 vehicles and lightly wounded four people, reports Belgian TV channel RTBF.
An alert for 9-meter waves has been called for some areas, with people called not to near the coastline.
The storm, which also drove in with heavy rains, continues Tuesday.
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts Bracing for Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Hail
- » Bulgarian Tourism Organizations Sign Environment Protection Memorandum
- » Bulgaria's Southern Black Sea Coast Returns to Normal after Floods
- » Code Yellow in 5 Bulgarian Districts over Hail, Torrents Friday
- » Code Yellow Issued in 7 Districts over Risk of Hail, Thunderstorms